2003 server

spikemic

OSNN Senior Addict
got this running on all my test machines. very nice, seems Microsoft put alittle more thought into it this time. nothing loads by default and everything not needed is stripped or disabled.
always wondered why sound, browser,media player, games and all that crap showed up in 2000 server, who needs that on a server? used to have to tweak to get the games out of 2000 pro.

anyway look forward to taking it for a spin and rolling my servers over to it. guess exchange2003 is the next one to tackle........:rolleyes:

yeah. Server 2003 is rock solid and very stable. It is lightening fast aswell.

Originally posted by belveder
So I guess that means it is not very suitable for gamers?
nah server software never is.

Originally posted by ZAnwar
yeah. Server 2003 is rock solid and very stable. It is lightening fast aswell.
must be linux then :rolleyes:

http://www.neowin.net/articles.php?action=more&id=54

read that then the forums 2003 works grate for games :)

i use it as a workstation its faster then xp ever was for me and one hell of alot more stable

oh and if ya need help with 2003 just ask on neowin if its about workstation 2003 just be readdy for a few people to give ya a little **** about using it as a workstation :)

oh and server stuff works fine for games i use to run server 2000 as my desktop os becouse i also had it running as the main server when ever i went to a lan party :)

fun fun fun :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back