20 inch monitor res

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
ok so I just got a dell computer system with a 20 inch 2007FP for 636 dollars total!! (going to sell the computer so it should only cost me like 150-200 dollars for the monitor...so i'm excited but I need to know how to configure this thing so it's easy to read text and the like. I don't have much or really any experience with monitors this size or with lcds...should I set the dpi higher or should I just mess with the font sizes...

I'm totally confused.

yeah I have it set to 1600x1200 but I can barely read anything and the text is so small. I've changed some of the text settings and that helped a little but it just didn't seem like it looked right. Also I'm wondering if changing the dpi is going to effect anything.

I'm also wondering if there are some typical settings for lcds that make text look clearer or more pronounced.

You mean text size?

You can adjust that yourself if you wish to.

Also, consider turning on cleartype fonts.

there's an activeX tuner for cleartype here and I seriously suggest you use it - not a lot of difference to see on a CRT but I really feel it on an LCD

yeah cleartype is a must on LCD's - also use DVI for an LCD - much better image, expecially with the higher resolution ones.

Yah, I highly recommend it for use.

It just looks nicer and makes things easier to read.

I can read down to a very small point size and my panel is almost the same as yours.

yeah I have cleartype on...also using the dvi-d cable...trying to use the cleartype tuner now and will report later...thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back