• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

20 inch monitor res

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
ok so I just got a dell computer system with a 20 inch 2007FP for 636 dollars total!! (going to sell the computer so it should only cost me like 150-200 dollars for the monitor...so i'm excited but I need to know how to configure this thing so it's easy to read text and the like. I don't have much or really any experience with monitors this size or with lcds...should I set the dpi higher or should I just mess with the font sizes...

I'm totally confused.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
yeah I have it set to 1600x1200 but I can barely read anything and the text is so small. I've changed some of the text settings and that helped a little but it just didn't seem like it looked right. Also I'm wondering if changing the dpi is going to effect anything.

I'm also wondering if there are some typical settings for lcds that make text look clearer or more pronounced.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
You mean text size?

You can adjust that yourself if you wish to.

Also, consider turning on cleartype fonts.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
there's an activeX tuner for cleartype here and I seriously suggest you use it - not a lot of difference to see on a CRT but I really feel it on an LCD

yeah cleartype is a must on LCD's - also use DVI for an LCD - much better image, expecially with the higher resolution ones.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Yah, I highly recommend it for use.

It just looks nicer and makes things easier to read.

I can read down to a very small point size and my panel is almost the same as yours.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
yeah I have cleartype on...also using the dvi-d cable...trying to use the cleartype tuner now and will report later...thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix