2-sided printing

T

tinkerlock

In Win98 I was able to do double-sided (or duplex or book) printing with my HP Deskjet 722C printer.

Now I'm running WinXP with the same printer, but that feature is not there. Adobe Acrobat Reader and NoteTab Light allow duplex printing, but MS Works and Internet Explorer do not. The latter two are the programs I'd like to be able to do duplex printing from the most.

I called HP. They said that duplex printing is just not supported for my printer model in WinXP. That answer aggravates me; if there was a way to do it in Win98, there should be a way to do it from WinXP.

Also, I went to www.driverguide.com and www.drivershq.com to look for a better or different driver but that didn't help.

I would welcome any solution: a small freeware print-controller utility? A better driver for my printer?

Thanks. Dan.

If HP says it can't be done in Windows XP, then that's what they mean. HP may be having a difficult time converting their software to allow duplexing in Windows XP (due to the new printing protocols).

many thanks

Reg - thanks for the information and AmarSingh - THANKS for the link. I think FinePrint is exactly the answer I need! Although it would be nice if it was free, still, the price is not too bad. I was looking into another option - Macro Angel, a program that allows you to creat all sorts of macros. There might be some way to do duplex printing with Macro Angel, but I'm sure FinePrint is much easier.

Dan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back