2 routers in one home network

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if I can use a Linksys G wireless router as an Access Point. I would like to hook it up to an existing 200 computer company network system, through one of thier Cat5 wall plugs. All the G Access Points around here are nearly double the price of a wireless G router.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

I'm doing that with a Dlink with no problems. At first I followed their instructions and set it up with DHCP turned off and all was well.

Later I got bored and turned it back on as a router with DHCP and it works fine that way too.

There may be a problem with the company LAN checking MAC addresses. Mine does. The way around that would be too stick a wireless USB into the main machine and do ICS to the second.

One word of advice. Make sure your company doesn't fire people for transmitting wireless off the wired LAN. Mine does. Oh, and I never wrote this if they do.

Great, Thanks for the info.

The IT department knows full well what I am up to. I am just trying to figure out what equipment would best suit me.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back