2 remote desktop machines behind 1 router

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I have 2 machines behind 1 router that I would like to remote desktop. Each machine has it's own IP address, and I will port forward them in the router later.

My question is:

When I open RDP from my win7 machine, how can I decipher which machine I would like to remote desktop?

1 is a win2008server, the other is a xp Pro machine. There is NO Domain controller or active directory setup in this workgroup, just a bunch of file sharing machines and a file sharing server.

Thanks

Heeter

You can't. What I do is assign each computer a different port. In a Linksys router you can specify the external port and the internal port.

So for CompA the external port can be something like 3500 and internal is 3389.

CompB would be 3501 external and 3389 internal.

3389 is the default port for remote desktop. If your router doesn't have this method then you can change the port the actual machine listens on via the registry.

WHen you load up the remote desktop software just do IPADDRESS:pORT so:
1.1.1.1:3500

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back