2 quick problems

New Disease

Whatever...
1. when ever i drag anything from one folder to another it copies it instead of moving it

how do i make it move by default (without having to right click drag)

2. i used to be able to resise pictures from windows default picture viewer but now i cant, how do i get this sorted ?

thx for any help :D

you could click edit them move to folder option

cool.gif

ok umm.... i dont get what your sayin

click what?

oh hold on

rephrase question

how do i left click drag files to move them instead of having to right-click drag then select "move here"

Problem #1

It depends on where you are dragging from and to. If you are dragging from one drive to another drive, by default it copys it. If you are dragging from one spot on a drive to a different spot on the same drive, it moves it. The easiest way to fix it is instead of left click and dragging, do a right click and drag. That way you will get an menu asking to move, copy, or create a shortcut.

Problem #2

Ain't figured it out yet.

lol i want to be able to left click and drag but when i do that it by default copies it instaed of moves it

To problem 1 : press and hold the Ctrl key, while dragging the file, to copy it - press and hold the Shift key to move it - press and hold both of them to make a shortcut.

ok problem one sorted thanks for baring with that

any suggestions for numero 2?

Just so we don't get digging to far into the wrong thing, what program is comming up as your default picture viewer?

If you think of the 'resize pictures' option in the rightclick menu, you need the imageresizer powertoy from the MS Powertoy set. The link is on the frontpage.

It is to my understanding that this program is designed for viewing only. You can't edit and image or picture with it. In fact you can't even open or save a image from within the program. However, if you right-click on the image you should ge a menu with the option to edit. Click on edit and Paint should come up. Now you can do your resizing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back