2 questions:

Winter

OSNN Addict
1. Has anyone here with the A7N8X Deluxe been able to get their front panel audio and rear audio working at the same time? I want to be able to just plug my headphones into the front and turn off my speakers(plugged into the back) without having to change around jumpers on the mobo everytime, which seems to be the case right now...

2. When I turn on my computer it seems to take Windows a bit long to load, however my friend noticed that the hard drive light isn't blinking for alot of that time... he said it's probably looking for something to do with the network which is slowing down the load time... anyone else deal with this before, and if so what do I need to change?

Thanks for any help guys :p

Originally posted by Winter
2. When I turn on my computer it seems to take Windows a bit long to load, however my friend noticed that the hard drive light isn't blinking for alot of that time... he said it's probably looking for something to do with the network which is slowing down the load time... anyone else deal with this before, and if so what do I need to change?

Have you mapped any network drives and chosen to "Reconnect at logon"?

I noticed that when I map a network drive, there is a slight delay during bootup if the the computer containing the network drive is not on at the time. But it's not really that significant. Your problem could be totally unrelated, but this is just a shot in the dark. :)

Yeah it's about at least 10 seconds where thw Windows loading screen is on and the hard drive light is dormant... I have no idea what mapping a network drive is so it's probably not that :D

Actually, its your NVIDIA drivers which are causing this to happen, Unfortuantly most of you people seem to Have missed the fact that Nvidia drivers Cause atleast a 6-7 second increase in Boot time Over Catalyst ati drivers.

Uninstall Nvidia drivers and Work in software mode, that'll prove me right :)

Or you could go to Start>Run>services.msc
And set the "nVidia Driver Helper Service" to Disabled. Then reboot.

See if that helps.

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
errr. Proves my point ;)
Not so fast there buddy... it was actually a setting that had to do with the hard drives... we fixed it and Windows loads up faster than you can say "nVidia rawks" :cool:

Ok so #2 is fixed... now to get back to work on #1 :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back