2 questions regarding msn and IE

H

Homerbalooza

My msn eplorer 8 has been acting up latley, when i load it the colors look plain and different, when i check mail i can see anything on the inbox unless i highlight it. Any ides? And if i uninstall msn eplorer will my msn/broadband connection be messed up?
next quetion
my internet explorer doesnt seem to be loading up, when i load it it doesnt do anything to load. Nad even when i clcik on links?... any ideas?

-Nick

Check your system resources. If they're too low, MSN 8 can act screwy like that. You don't need any MSN software for your MSN connection to work. IE should work fine. Don't know what's going on with your IE, maybe try a repair on it. Are you connected to the Internet OK? Are you using the Arescom modem or DSL 1000?

my internet connection is working fine, but my IE wont and i have dsl 1000.

-Nick

What OS are you on? If XP, you could try a system restore to when IE was working correctly. As you probably know, MSN 8 is just a fancy shell for IE, so if IE is broken, so is MSN 8. I would either try to restore your system to a point before IE went south, or do a repair on IE. Repairing IE is easy on OS' before XP. With XP it is a little more involved and requires a registry edit. You can do a Google search for "IE repair in Windows XP". I did this and it took me to the right place. Hope that helps.

thx im going to try it now, but i have 98 on this comp?...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back