2 puters 1 moniter

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have two puters connected to one screen is their any way I can split the screen so I can run both puters together. Also the mouse & keyboard are also shared.
Regards Alan. :confused:

yes its called a KVM switch (Keyboard Video Mouse) google it to find the deals on it. Dont forget you'll need extra cables also, but they usually will include that, just be sure they do

PseudoKiller said:
yes its called a KVM switch (Keyboard Video Mouse) google it to find the deals on it. Dont forget you'll need extra cables also, but they usually will include that, just be sure they do
I`ve allready got the KVM switch & cables, what I am trying to do is run both puters on one monitor with 1 puter on one half of the screen and number 2 puter on the other half. If this is possible???? :confused:

Well, you could use remote desktop sharing, which will allow you to switch between the two PC's at will on the same monitor. I wont do it side by side, but i would have thought this would be a better solution anyway. I think you just click on a tab at the top of your screen to switch between the desktops.

In Help And Support in your Start Menu (XP) type Remote Desktop for help on how to set this up.

TheBlueRaja said:
Well, you could use remote desktop sharing, which will allow you to switch between the two PC's at will on the same monitor. I wont do it side by side, but i would have thought this would be a better solution anyway. I think you just click on a tab at the top of your screen to switch between the desktops.

In Help And Support in your Start Menu (XP) type Remote Desktop for help on how to set this up.

Thanks I`ll give that a try.

Along those lines you could use Remote Assistance. That will have your local PC as your deskotp and a resizable window that is the desk top of your remote PC. Exactly what you want I think. If you have a 100mHz LAN your response will be almost as good as on your local machine.

Damn, why didn't I think of this a year ago. I squint into an old 640x480 on my old machine i use for experimenting with. I could just remote assist it to my main PC..

Thanks for the idea guys. :)

LeeJend,
Remote assistance works on exactly the same principle, except that Remote desktop is for LAN where remote assistance is more of an Internet technology.

Oh, and just FYI it's 100Mbps (Bits per second) as well, not Mhz (Megahertz). ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back