2 pc with cross-over, not working

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Ok, 2 XP machines... We used cross-over.. now.. when the system boots.. theres a pop-up saying... 100 mbps network or something like that connected!... now.. when we tried playing counter-strike on a LAN... he saw my computer. and it was fine... but in windows.. I can't seem to see his PC.. Shouldnt I see him in "network connections" ?? I have my broadband there, and another section called "LAN or high-speed internet" both enabled... but I don't see his pc...can anyone help?? thx

First of all do you both have the "client for Microsoft networks" and "File and Printer sharing" installed? Are you both on the same "workgroup" name? Are you both on the same subnet? Can you ping both computers by IP or name? Does the other computer have the XP firewall enabled? Is there any other firewall running?

If the XP firewall is running, disable it. If you have another firewall running enable the IP block in the firewalls settings. Make sure you have the Microsoft client intalled and if you're sharing use the sharing client as well. This should do it..

Yup. we both have all those checked out... like I said.. in Counter-strike... when I host a LAN... he can connect to me.. but it's only in windows that we cant see each other

The Answer

If you have MS File and Print sharing enabled.
Then you need to share something for eachother to see.
Click on my computer then right click on your c drive then share it.
There you'll have it.
any other questions you can E-mail me.

Ok, Ill try that tomorrow... But Iam supposed to see the othe computers where?? in network places?

Yes you're supposed to see it in My Network Places and adding IPX/Netbios will do the trick as mentioned previously.. Njoy! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back