2 mice

R

Red Arrow

Is is possible to be able to use 2 mice with XP?

I have 2 monitors plugged into the same computer. I use one for gaming while the other is for MSN and RW. Its a pest having to switch out of the game to be able to move the mouse to the 2nd monitor to message someone. It would be nice if I could use one mouse for the game and another for MSN and RW. So is it possible?

Originally posted by Red Arrow
Is is possible to be able to use 2 mice with XP?

I have 2 monitors plugged into the same computer. I use one for gaming while the other is for MSN and RW. Its a pest having to switch out of the game to be able to move the mouse to the 2nd monitor to message someone. It would be nice if I could use one mouse for the game and another for MSN and RW. So is it possible?

the game window will keep the focus...

you can use 2 mice... I do already... but the program that has the focus is where the mouse will be active... just coz you have 2 mice will not give you 2 pointers... unfortunatley...

i dont think so..... but you can try to hook ap 1 mouse to the ps/2 and another to a comport or something like that... but i dont think it is possible

Originally posted by Red Arrow
I have 2 monitors plugged into the same computer. I use one for gaming while the other is for MSN and RW. Its a pest having to switch out of the game to be able to move the mouse to the 2nd monitor to message someone.
haha.. man, just gather some spare parts and make a seperate comp. :p

I have plugged in two USB mice...your computer accepts movement input from both of them. For example, if you moved one up and one right at the same time, it would move diagonally up and right.

usb you could have 10 usb mice and 10 usb keyboards and they will all work at same time or as many as you like (a usb chain will support 128 devices, but include all the hubs and such in count).......and you can plug them in and remove them at will.
the usb hid (human interface device)driver is much more efficient anyway. i don't use PS/2 at all anymore.

but as he said, they all act where the focus is...... the foremost window:D

Originally posted by spikemic
usb you could have 10 usb mice and 10 usb keyboards and they will all work at same time or as many as you like (a usb chain will support 128 devices, but include all the hubs and such in count).......and you can plug them in and remove them at will.
the usb hid (human interface device)driver is much more efficient anyway. i don't use PS/2 at all anymore.

yes...

but you only have 1 pointer :D

got 2 mice plugged into this comp atm... infra red + my new flashy bluetooth.. which is pretty much the same but the receptor block is waaaay cooler + it looks neat :)

/me tests... moves one mouse one way and other the other way... hmm... true.. only one pointer... :(

MdSalih

Originally posted by MdSalih
got 2 mice plugged into this comp atm... infra red + my new flashy bluetooth.. which is pretty much the same but the receptor block is waaaay cooler + it looks neat :)

/me tests... moves one mouse one way and other the other way... hmm... true.. only one pointer... :(

MdSalih

lol... I have tried that so many times :D

have my logitech cordless optical and my usb m$ optical...

I use the m$ optical for practically everything... I was using the logitech when watching tv but my new ati AIW tv tuner card has this snazzy new remote that is quite brilliant :D am using THAT now...

The game Settlers II (way back) supported single screen multiplayer with two mice. That used double pointers. But that was also a single game under DOS... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back