2 Little Things

Erbmaster

OSNN Veteran Addict
2 little things really.... not gripes complints nor problems...just things ;)....

1. Why does the register button still show when you're logged in?

&

2. Can I have a New Active Threads link accessible from all pages please?....pretty please. *grovels in an undignified manner*

Dunno if these have been mentioned before but then I always err on the side of caution ;)

1. Because vB is crap.
2. Use the "Links" bar on your browser, I have three links for this site..
The front page
New topis
Control panel

just right click on the active threads link, get the properties, make a shortcut or a link.

or you can add a button to your toolbar

you can just drap the link to your Aol toolbar + it'll make a button:cool:

*runs*

Thanks for the replies.

I've already seen others who have the link embedded into their sigs. I'm also aware how to make a shortcut/toolbar. This isn't really what I was asking, but hey at least you guys bothered to reply ;).

I thought this forum was about "things" (that word again :D)regarding the site, problems with it and ideas for improvement..
Not botching Windows to compensate vB's flaws. Oh well. :(

Thanks for the "help", but I'd already worked the supplied solutions out. I thought there may be a way of doing this centrally.

I log onto NTFS.org from different locations so ya see the links/toolbars idea ain't always practical. Sure I could embed the link into my sig, but I use my sigs on other forums...not just NTFS.org so would rather not have to have multiple versions of each sig on my webspace.

If putting the Active threads link on a page is a biggy, then forget I asked. I really never thought it could be that hard to whack that code in there. Thought it would be a simple beneficial change for a few people. (Judging by the embedded sigs...I'm not alone!?!)

Forget logging out to view the link GoNz0, how the hell can I reply logged out?

Bah!. Back to the old drawing board......

EDIT:- Popped the link in under my sig. I guess that's what some of you were referring to in the first place anyhow. Works okay so I guess the problem is eliminated. Maybe the Active Threads link could be included in the page in in the next revision of the interface/site?
thanks again :D

pm ep...I think it's a fine idea, and he might also.

he doesn't get a chance to read all of these posts, so send the suggestion on to him

exactly he probly could add it to the template quite easy, he just has to know we want it ;)

Originally posted by dealer
pm ep...I think it's a fine idea, and he might also.

he doesn't get a chance to read all of these posts, so send the suggestion on to him

hey dealer thanks for the positive feedback.
I've PM'ed EP so i'll wait till he gets a look at it and replies ;)

Oooh eer, I am all open to suggestions.

The header template is fairly static, so having a different one for a logged in user and one that is logged out isn't possible, the only way I could do it would be to modify the function and add something so it would only appear if you were not logged in.

I guess I could replace "register" with something, tho "new posts" seems a little long.. I am sure I will think of something.

I don't want to go nuts with the custom forum hacks etc. at the moment as vb3's arrival isn't going to be too far away. Its on beta4 on their forums and I am going to start taking a look at it once it reaches the release candidate stage.

Sounds good EP! :D :cool:

I imagine keeping a site like this together and running is time consuming enough in itself. As I mentioned it's no biggy so don't sweat it mate :)
I wasn't aware that a new version of vBulletin was near completion. Hopefully they'll have some nice surprises for us all :D I'm no coder so I'll trust your judgement on that ;)

As the new version is soon to be released I ain't suggesting you change a thing yet. But purely out of curiosity; would it not be possible to add the active threads link to the Forum Jump drop down menu? Or is this menu too part of the template? Or require delving into major hack territory?

Sorry if this seems naive to some, but I don't know much about PHP or vBulletin :eek:

Thx

If you mean the forum jump at the bottom, I guess I could try and do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back