2 LinkSys Routers, 1 Cable Modem, Link them...

A

akusarujin

What I have:

1) LinkSys Instant Wireless Series "Wireless-G Broadband Router"
Model: WRT54G
2) LinkSys Instant Broadband Series "EtherFast Cable/DSL Router"
Model: BEFSR41
3) Cable Modem

Here's what it looks like:

Key: ~ = Wireless, - = RJ45

[PC1]---------------v v----------[PC2] v~~~~~~~~~~[PC3]
[Modem]---> [EtherFast]<--->[Wireless-G]

Now, the Modem goes into the WAN of the EtherFast, and the 3rd port of the EtherFast goes into the Uplink of the Wireless-G. Ports 1 & 2 of the EtherFast are filled with RJ45 from PC1 & PC2.

Can someone tell me how to statically route the two routers, while keeping the internet availible, AND both networks being able to see one another?

All I have came up with so far is static routing the Wireless-G to the EtherFast (set up as WAN) as a "router," and the EtherFast is set up as a gateway w/RIP-2. I have also routed the EtherFast to the Wireless-G to see if that helps, no luck.

All of the comptuers can access the internet right now with my setup, however, they cannot see one another on the network! Someone help!

Thanks in advance,
-aku

Does the wireless router have LAN ports? If so just throw out the old router and only use the wireless router. Having more than one router is very needless.

The problem is that by having two routers you have setup two different networks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back