2 Google April Fools Jokes

X-Istence

Political Access
http://www.google.com/googlegulp/

and

http://gmail.com/

The first one is just a service for all you can drink knowledge :p

The gmail one is most interesting, the size for your gmail box seems to be going up from 1 GB -> 2 GB in real time. The frontpage also shows a counter which keeps adding up the values. It is set to stop at just over 2 GB's at the end of today.

Is google rolling out 2 GB storage, or is it all part of the joke.

gmail.jpg

god good is the best even has a sense of humor!

Don't forget Google ANNOUNCED their 1GB mail box on April 1st last year. :)

Oooh...I get it. A double April Fools :D An Aprl Fools on an April Fools so there is no April Fools....clever :D

coathanger007 said:
ROFL...if this is a prank it's not the best move for google :D

If you can come up with a better way to draw attention to the upgrade to 2 GB than being it the April fools joke which lasts (Gmail was announced on April 1st), then you should become a marketer. Google's "jokes" spread around the internet like a fire. As if someone dropped one bomb, which set on fire a single tree, and then sets on fire the grass, an entire city, and just enflames everything in sight.

How do you think gmail was so popular as a april fools joke, that the real joke, which was Google's moon office was overlooked, and sadly forgotten? Why do you think that they are doing this. Free publicity, by the end of today, every single geek and non-geek will have heard about Google's so called joke, when it turns out to not be a joke at all, is when people go "Wow".

coathanger007 said:
Oooh...I get it. A double April Fools :D An Aprl Fools on an April Fools so there is no April Fools....clever :D

'X' asks a lot of questions, problem is, who knows the answers, like today, I was pruning my Roses and wahooo I have cultivated a Black Rose, amazing, I was 'Gob Smacked'.

No No...you got me wrong X-istence. If they said they'd give 2GB but ended up not giving anything because of April Fools then it's not going to look too good for google. However, if it's a double April Fools (read above) then it's great publicity.:)

coathanger007 said:
No No...you got me wrong X-istence. If they said they'd give 2GB but ended up not giving anything because of April Fools then it's not going to look too good for google. However, if it's a double April Fools (read above) then it's great publicity.:)

Google never announced it as far as i know, all i know is that there is a counter on the gmail.com frontpage, and when you login it tells you how much space you have, which keeps increasing.

Besides that, even if it was a joke, it would have been a great stunt. People would dislike google for a bit, but after that get back on with their lives. The story has not hit the frontpage of slashdot yet, so not that many people know about it yet.

April 1st 2006 Google announce 10 gb storage with 1 gb uploads.

Watch this space:

PHP:

Well you have to keep watching for 1 year, if you see the 'bods' from MSN or Yahoo trying to muscle in on that space reserved for Google, call the EU, let em fine Google for unfair competition. :flipindaburdee:

Yet another google one hits frontpage of /. (thats 2 frontpage google storys in 7hrs time). Newest is about googles aquiring the Keyhole satellite and are redoing shots of earth today.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back