2 Google April Fools Jokes

You are currently using 124 MB (9%) of your 1345 MB

Looks real to me. :)

More features:

Fonts, bullets and highlighting, oh my! Gmail now offers rich text formatting. And over 60 colors of the rainbow. Discover a land of more than just black and white.

Gmail now works with Picasa, Google's free photo organizer. Use Picasa to easily find, edit and preview your photos. Log in to Gmail directly from Picasa and send the photos from your Gmail account. Picasa even automatically resizes your photos so they're easier to receive and open. Your friends without such large email accounts will thank you.

Free POP access and automatic forwarding

Import Contacts

Thumbnails for image attachments

badass. I bet they are pissing off yahoo and microsoft who both offer it for yearly charge

Xie said:
/me hears tech's @ Yahoo crying.

All those new hard drives need to be added to the servers TODAY. Google can't beat us!

/me whips the engineers.

VenomXt said:
badass. I bet they are pissing off yahoo and microsoft who both offer it for yearly charge

Badly :p Using April fools as a good cover up.

VenomXt said:

Yahoo and M$ make enough money already, we should get e-mail for free and be able to access it from our desktops also!

You are currently using 51 MB (3%) of your 1476 MB. :D

im not sure if the counter is a joke or not coz i was watching the counter and hten decided to log in and my gmail storage was 1480mb

You are currently using 16 MB (1%) of your 1490 MB.
Maybe it's just for today. :s

weird when i went to the source code of the gmail main page and went down to where the counter is that's how the code is:

Code:
        <ul>
          <li>
            <p><font size=-1><b>The gift that keeps on giving.</b><br>
            <span id=quota>Over 1000</span>
            megabytes of storage (and counting) for every user.</font></p>
          </li>
        </ul>
how come it still says "Over 1000" instead of that counter thingy

FishBoy said:
weird when i went to the source code of the gmail main page and went down to where the counter is that's how the code is:

Code:
        <ul>
          <li>
            <p><font size=-1><b>The gift that keeps on giving.</b><br>
            <span id=quota>Over 1000</span>
            megabytes of storage (and counting) for every user.</font></p>
          </li>
        </ul>
how come it still says "Over 1000" instead of that counter thingy

Cause right below it tells javascript to start updating it. You should check out their java code for it, really cool stuff.

X-Istence said:
Cause right below it tells javascript to start updating it. You should check out their java code for it, really cool stuff.
im still new at javascript, they just started teaching it to us like a week ago in internet class

Code:
function updateQuota() { 
  if (!quota) {
    return;
  }
but i dont quite get that one, what does it return?

FishBoy said:
Code:
function updateQuota() { 
  if (!quota) {
    return;
  }
but i dont quite get that one, what does it return?
I'm not a code monkey but looks like it calls the "updateQuota" function and if no such function it stops?

Xie said:
I'm not a code monkey but looks like it calls the "updateQuota" function and if no such function it stops?
actually that declares the function updateQuota

wow, check it out go to gmail.com they have a counter and it keeps increasing slowly. currently at 2057 wonder how long this will go on!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back