2 DSL Lines, 1 Home Network...

P

Phogoff

Alrighty, here's what I've got going on... there are 3 of us in the household, and 5 pc's. They are all networked and sharing 1 DSL line through a Linksys router, which is also handing out dhcp addresses. Due to bandwidth limitations (3 hardcore gamers, and visitors almost every weekend), I have ordered a 2nd dsl line that I would like to use for 3 of the 5 pc's.... but I would like to keep them all networked and in the same workgroup... preferably still getting dhcp addresses from the Linksys.

Any suggestions???

That could be really tricky. I'm not sure it can be done easily. Not getting DHCP from the Linksys anyway since that also sets Default Gateway. Can't you just get faster speed on the connection you have?

I tried faster speed service with Speakeasy and it just didn't turn out to be what i was looking for. With two lines i will actually be spending less than that line was and will have 2 lines @ 1.5\128. Im thinking i might make a 6th machine a win2k server and create my own domain with a dhcp scope and all of that good stuff. Do you think if i do so i can share a connect from there and share a connect through the linksys?

If you have a Win2k server you can skip the Linksys alltogether. Give the server three NIC:s (two DSL, one LAN) and try to route it that way. Should work somehow (never done it though). With all the domain stuff you can control most things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back