(2) Computers, 1/2 of Automatic services don't start

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Wow, I'm encountering more and more strange issues every day! Right now I have two computers upstairs that I'm attempting to deal with. Originally I was investigating why these machines have not reported to the WUS Server. When logging into one of the machines, I got my usual script host error (Which used to be resolved by rejoining the computer to the domain). Upon attempting to do that, I got a message saying that RPC Service failed. I checked into services.msc, and noticed that half of the services that were set to automatic did not start up.

Two of them were Automatic Updates, and Computer Browser. My problems trying to change the domain settings on the computers were resolved by starting the RPC Locator service. This service is set to Manual. Is that how it's supposed to be? When logging into the computers as Administrator, I get error messages saying that svchost was unable to start. It's funky because this is happening on two of the computers, not just a single isolated incident.

I will manually start the services, which everything except for the Security Manager & Firewall will startup... however when the computer is restarted the services won't start up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back