2 browsers questions ?

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I like Firefox's way to automatically catch and sore favicons for each site I visit, but where does it store them ? Can't find them anywhere... :(

I'd like to set IE back to default browser, but it doesn't work... I unchecked in Firefox the option to check for this at startup, I check again this option in IE, but no go... Firefox remains the default browser....:confused:

Thank you for your help ;)

In IE under "Tools", then "Options", then "Programs" there's a checkbox at the bottom..."Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser"...did you put a checkmark in that box? Not sure about the Firefox question.

ThePatriot said:
In IE under "Tools", then "Options", then "Programs" there's a checkbox at the bottom..."Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser"...did you put a checkmark in that box? Not sure about the Firefox question.
Yes, the box is checked in IE... but does not perform its job...:eek:

try right clicking the start button, explore all users, set program access

perris said:
try right clicking the start button, explore all users, set program access
'set program access' ? What do you mean ?

Do the control panel add remove programs and click set access program defaults and set everything 'microsoft windows' click o.k. making sure you check ie as default browser.

Thanx Perris, Lee ;)

a mix of the two et voila ;)
Actually, Start > Set Program Access and Defaults > Custom > Choose a Default Web browser did the trick :D

What about Firefox and favicons ? Anyone ?

Nope, nothing there... :(
But I found the trick, I go to a chosen site with a favicon using Opera, I then search *.ico on c:\ and find the favicon I wanted in one of the various cache folders of Opera.
Next I copy it in a chosen folder and am free to modify for good a link in IE6 links bar :)
How Firefox handles favicons is a total mystery to me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back