2.1 Speakers

sindustrial777

OSNN Addict
Just wondering if anyone owns a 2.1 speaker system they are satisfied with i'm only on 2.0 so just thought I would get some human input rather then reading all the good things said about the speakers on the manufacters website and filtering through a bunch of reviews.

It really helps to have a subwoofer when playing games or doing anything really. I had 2.1 for a long time and was very happy with them. If money isnt an issue you would do fine with a nice set

yup i was just using the woofer at my friend's house and now i dont know how i lived without one. 5.1 would be good but i dont have anywhere close to behind me to put rear speakers :suprised:.

What set did/do you have?

Logitech Z-2300

I just bought mine and I am very happy with them.

I may be buying some today - no way I can afford the Logitech Z-2300 ATM - anyone any tips for reasonable 2.1 sound on a budget? Also even better if from Maplins, because I have a local outlet and would love the instant gratification plus the not having to worry if I get the delivery man because the new flat is going to be really bad for that I can tell....

I just got a 2.1 set for Christmas. I got the JBL Creature II speakers, but mine came in silver. I like them a lot and would recommend them. :)

3d7ffa87-16ac-4ac0-b95f-58ccc1c0d451.gif

thanks, since I see them in black and at £50 from UK Amazon I am placing an order as you read this, job done, cool - muzikool - repped.

Mainframeguy said:
thanks, since I see them in black and at £50 from UK Amazon I am placing an order as you read this, job done, cool - muzikool - repped.

:D

sindustrial777 said:
yup i was just using the woofer at my friend's house and now i dont know how i lived without one. 5.1 would be good but i dont have anywhere close to behind me to put rear speakers :suprised:.

What set did/do you have?

I had a set of karmon(sp?) speakers, and right now I have the logitech z-5500

Harman Kardon owns JBL -- FYI. HK makes excellent products. :)

the x-230s were what I was first looking at but I don't know I might just get a more expensive set and keep it longer then maybe buying a cheaper one that I end up replacing later.

But based on all the HK and JBL recommendations I think I might go with those creatures, they're right in my price range and pretty damn sexy :lick:

For me, the space you save with the small satellites makes them even better. They are tiny, and don't require some huge volume control wheel like some other sets. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the right satellite has a chrome "button" on the left and right that you touch to increase and decrease the volume. I say "button" because it's not raised and you don't press on it ... you just touch it. Pretty cool. :cool:

muzikool said:
For me, the space you save with the small satellites makes them even better. They are tiny, and don't require some huge volume control wheel like some other sets. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the right satellite has a chrome "button" on the left and right that you touch to increase and decrease the volume. I say "button" because it's not raised and you don't press on it ... you just touch it. Pretty cool. :cool:

woah thats sweet. That closes the deal then!:)

For UK buyers... beware the supersaver delivery! DHL never did turn up with the speakers... luckily Amazon saw fit to arrange free delivery by parcelforce of a duplicate order at zero cost (but not until a week or two had passed, of course).

Anyway - have mine now and am just looking for the headphone jack!

[EDIT] looking for, and failing to find, such a socket I realise I have just found a slightly major gripe to have with these speakers! Soundwise happy enough for the budget though... [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back