• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2.1 Speakers

Just wondering if anyone owns a 2.1 speaker system they are satisfied with i'm only on 2.0 so just thought I would get some human input rather then reading all the good things said about the speakers on the manufacters website and filtering through a bunch of reviews.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
It really helps to have a subwoofer when playing games or doing anything really. I had 2.1 for a long time and was very happy with them. If money isnt an issue you would do fine with a nice set

yup i was just using the woofer at my friend's house and now i dont know how i lived without one. 5.1 would be good but i dont have anywhere close to behind me to put rear speakers :suprised:.

What set did/do you have?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I may be buying some today - no way I can afford the Logitech Z-2300 ATM - anyone any tips for reasonable 2.1 sound on a budget? Also even better if from Maplins, because I have a local outlet and would love the instant gratification plus the not having to worry if I get the delivery man because the new flat is going to be really bad for that I can tell....

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
thanks, since I see them in black and at £50 from UK Amazon I am placing an order as you read this, job done, cool - muzikool - repped.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
sindustrial777 said:
yup i was just using the woofer at my friend's house and now i dont know how i lived without one. 5.1 would be good but i dont have anywhere close to behind me to put rear speakers :suprised:.

What set did/do you have?
I had a set of karmon(sp?) speakers, and right now I have the logitech z-5500

the x-230s were what I was first looking at but I don't know I might just get a more expensive set and keep it longer then maybe buying a cheaper one that I end up replacing later.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
For me, the space you save with the small satellites makes them even better. They are tiny, and don't require some huge volume control wheel like some other sets. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the right satellite has a chrome "button" on the left and right that you touch to increase and decrease the volume. I say "button" because it's not raised and you don't press on it ... you just touch it. Pretty cool. :cool:

muzikool said:
For me, the space you save with the small satellites makes them even better. They are tiny, and don't require some huge volume control wheel like some other sets. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the right satellite has a chrome "button" on the left and right that you touch to increase and decrease the volume. I say "button" because it's not raised and you don't press on it ... you just touch it. Pretty cool. :cool:
woah thats sweet. That closes the deal then!:)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
For UK buyers... beware the supersaver delivery! DHL never did turn up with the speakers... luckily Amazon saw fit to arrange free delivery by parcelforce of a duplicate order at zero cost (but not until a week or two had passed, of course).

Anyway - have mine now and am just looking for the headphone jack!

[EDIT] looking for, and failing to find, such a socket I realise I have just found a slightly major gripe to have with these speakers! Soundwise happy enough for the budget though... [/EDIT]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies