1Gbps broadband rolled out in Hong Kong

L

Lee

1Gbps broadband rolled out in Hong Kong Wow

Internet users in Hong Kong can now browse the internet at speeds that UK residents only dream about.

Hong Kong Broadband Network has launched a new ultra fast service. The symmetric 1Gbps service costs approximately £112 per month, but obliterates the kind of speeds we are used to in the UK. We are eagerly waiting for the rollout of an 8Mbps service and consider that to be fast.

While this kind of speed is unlikely to be available in the UK for some time, the possibilities for its use are immense. Large publishers could offer direct download services for their games, online gaming could be revolutionised and TV channels could be streamed at MPEG-2 DVD quality. It is hard to actually imagine speeds reaching 1Gbps in the UK, but we can dream.

News Source

:nervous:

it doth take the piss, as the arch bishop of canterbury might say, who would have thought the bottleneck of the internet would be a users hard drive :)

personally i would like to see the entire brittish network revamped and for every home to own an IP phone. The standard speed should be 2mbps, it should also be symetrical. The 2mbps connection should cost around £20 per month with a minimum or 40gb per month cap (obviously no cap would be nice).

When that day comes, i will be happy :p

Yet again, more proof of the UK's pathetic connectivity. Joy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back