1ClickDVDCopy

X-Istence

Political Access
I got handed a copy of the above mentioned software to install on this person machine, now I am a little hesitant because anything that has 1 in the name of the program, has Click in the name of the program has got to be malicious.

I can't find anything out about the product that is not placed by the company themselves, I can't find any website other than the one they set up, and BOY does it look like a website designed to get suckers.

Does anyone have any experience with the product? Does it do what it is advertised to do? Does it phone home, does it contain any bad stuff?

Cheers :)

A good sign that it's bad, is that you have not heard of it before. I have never heard of it before, and of course can't find much on it.

This is one of those pieces of software that has mutated. there are so many named as stated. I believe its Russian in Origin. which in itself is prone to warez and trojans.

I would stay clear. and go with a more reliable software. DVD FAB is better anyway. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I used it once or twice a while back as I was looking for dvd programs. It is minimal is what it does. For basic copying of dvd's it is o.k. There is no junk that gets installed with it, and it does work. But as stated, dvdfab is better in the regard that it has more options and produces better quality.

http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/ - looks to be proper site but then again.......

That really is the official site.

CDF is a good site for discussion. There are also AnyDVD and CloneDVD sub-forums on CDF along with countless other sub-forums.

Either of the above links are legitimate. The ones I didn't quote I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Some people really like 1Click while others don't. I'm not a fan. I don't think it's the best software and I am not a fan of the author of the software. I stick with AnyDVD and CloneDVD with my free lifetime updates.

The best way to see if you like it is to check it out. Just make sure to download from the http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com site.

rotjong said:
Some people really like 1Click while others don't. I'm not a fan. I don't think it's the best software and I am not a fan of the author of the software. I stick with AnyDVD and CloneDVD with my free lifetime updates.

Yep.... and i'll stick to my DVDFab Platinum and my free lifetime updates.... which i believe also may have been cheaper than AnyDVD + CloneDVD.

Yep.... and i'll stick to my DVDFab Platinum and my free lifetime updates.... which i believe also may have been cheaper than AnyDVD + CloneDVD.

I don't know the prices of DVDFab over the years so I can't really compare. I purchased AnyDVD, CloneDVD years ago when the price was cheaper and still in US dollars. I got the AnyDVD HD upgrade when it first came out for a cheaper price, as well. In the long run my personal experiences with comparing DVDFab and AnyDVD/CloneDVD have weighed in favor of AnyDVD/CloneDVD especially when adding HD-DVD/BluRay to the mix since DVDFab is still way behind in that department.

One thing to remember when talking about 1Click is that unlike DVDFab it is not in direct competition with AnyDVD. Either AnyDVD or DVD43 are necessary to handle protected DVDs with 1Click. 1Click, itself, is more in competition with CloneDVD. DVDFab competes with both AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and other products.

I got handed a copy of the above mentioned software to install on this person machine, now I am a little hesitant because anything that has 1 in the name of the program, has Click in the name of the program has got to be malicious.

While I don't like the software it shouldn't be automatically seen as malicious. The name is meant to give the user the impression that it makes backing up a DVD to be a quick and easy process... "1 Click" away. It's not that easy in reality, of course.

I can't find anything out about the product that is not placed by the company themselves, I can't find any website other than the one they set up, and BOY does it look like a website designed to get suckers.

I'd go to the CDF and http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com forums and do some reading on the software.

Does anyone have any experience with the product? Does it do what it is advertised to do? Does it phone home, does it contain any bad stuff

One of the annoying things I've read about 1Click is that each time you install an update for the software you must allow the software to connect to the internet to perform an auto-register procedure. That to me is essentially online activation and it happens every single time an update is released and installed. Some might not care while others will be annoyed at the fact that it is done. I'm unaware of anything other than this that might be seen as malicious or bad in nature.

In general, likes and dislikes are subjective regardless of quality and price when it comes to some forms of software. Especially in the department of DVD backup software people have very strong opinions about which products they like and which they do not. I've never been let down using the software that I prefer and others will say the same using a totally different product. The best way to decide is to use different programs to see which products feel right, work nicely, have solid support, and have frequent and fast updates when necessary.

Well.... they don't really have much of anything, if anything, in regards to BluRay in the release versions of DVDFab, but the beta's have the option to rip BluRay discs to the hard drive, or to do a direct copy. But seeing as i don't feel like going through the effort of trying to rip the video from a BluRay to a .avi or something... nor do i have a BluRay burner... i have no reason to really meddle in that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back