1900xt & 1900xtx

N

Not Bman

I know there are many many questions that are asking what are the differences, and about many cards out there.

I have been searching, and finding reviews but I can't seemt to figure out what's the difference. It might be so clear that I just don't see it but still.

What is the difference between the 1900XT and the 1900XTX?

Clock speed for core and memory.

XTX is faster.

ATI's Catalyst software allows you to safely overclock your card (depending on the model).

I honestly don't think you would be able to tell a difference between the two cards. Only benchmarks could tell the two apart.

Meh, you'll find your pants are tighter in the front when you have an XTX.

Matt had no problems with his pants so he got an XT :smoker:

You have a way of putting things...

I still don't think you could tell the difference. Then again, I don't have the XTX so I might be wrong.

So I'm guessing it depends on if you have the extra $100

Keep this in mind.

You can't have CrossFire and have two XTX cards.

CrossFire edition cards are XT based cards with one DVI link and one CrossFire link. So if you have the XTX card in a CrossFire setup then it will drop down to XT clock speeds.

oh well guess i'll be 100% now sure im going with 2 1900XT

Thanks

After tax and shipping thats like $1000. Bman you must love video games.

PS I put together an excel spreadsheet showing the ratings features and lowest price at newegg (~4/1/06) for all of the Nvidia and ATI cards available and a few of the old ones. It's on this thread:

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=82553&page=2

I see Nvidia. But no ATI on the sheet.

There have been many discussions of power and price performance.

ATI still has better quality at good speed.
Nvidia still has better speed with less quality.

LeeJend said:
After tax and shipping thats like $1000. Bman you must love video games.

PS I put together an excel spreadsheet showing the ratings features and lowest price at newegg (~4/1/06) for all of the Nvidia and ATI cards available and a few of the old ones. It's on this thread:

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=82553&page=2

Wow, way to post your "picks" only on nvidia cards :cool:

I highly recommend the 7900gt, the 7800gt/gtx is not worthy of recommendation anymore due to speed/feature set and the fact that the 7900gt is cheaper.

However the 1900xt is a better pick because it has more features, more memory and it doesn't cost that much more.

Pixel shading power on the ati cards is better. Just look at the performance for F.E.A.R. which is one of the most demanding games out there. Look at the performance in Oblivion which again is a very demanding and a NEW title.

For steevo, there are tabs at teh bottom of the sheet, look closely :smoker:

Yea I do love games, but also love multitasking too. It's such a big choice when it comes to this, but I guess it always comes down to your opinion. I know in the end, either card will do what I want. I'm kicking more towards the 1900 cards, and when the time comes to buy this new system, money dosen't matter.

bman said:
and when the time comes to buy this new system, money dosen't matter.

har har har... i wish i could say that lol... i'd have three of them in a trimonitor environment :D actually, bman-- i would seriously consider ati... my experience is that ati and amd are the same in the fact that they both kick uber butt against all others

There will be a revised version of the card out in a coupla months perhaps. So if you haven't built till then, you might want to check it out.

Smaller process, likely higher clocks, same features for the most part.

Better performance and, theoretically, cooler.

That's good to hear, cause it's definently going to be another 2 or 3 months till I can even pay for this.

Sazar said:
Wow, way to post your "picks" only on nvidia cards :cool:

I haven't finished the comparison charts yet. I'm struggling over the ATI cards because they seem to be $50 more expensive than Nvidia for the same fill rates and most require 2 slots for the cooling solution. (Except the X1800GT which I've added to my picks.)

Both ATI and Nvidia are making it very hard to compare their cards anymore (within their own product line and to each other). Like omitting vertex fill rates from their performance spec's (both are doing it now). The why I asked if you had any good input in shader performance in an earlier post.

I know memory bandwidth and pixel fill rates don't tell the whole story and I no longer trust 3dmark0x benchmarks to tell a true "in game" performance story. For one thing CPU performance is boosting the 3dmark0x scores I've been studying a lot more than I expect them to. The X2 chips seem to give particularly better 3dmark0x performance boosts. A multithread advantage or a quirk in the benchmark?

I'm also still adding things like vivo support that are important to some users. VIVO gives ATI an edge since most of their cards support it and most of Nvidia's don't.

The story on relative OpenGL performance is still open which is another reason why I have not done a head to head between ATI and Nvidia. There was a lot of publicity a few months back about drivers using ATI's programable features to catch them up to Nvidia in OpenGL but I haven't seen any positive confirmation of that. Though interestingly the last ATI driver update gave my x800xl a boost in BF2 and has improved my "won't work with directTV" issue.

I'm not even sure of my picks within Nvidia because they are omitting the vertex shader info on the 1xxxGT cards. That's why the ? marks on the GT cards. I'm due for a trip to compusa to read some boxes.

Attachments

• Nvida 6-7 series.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
LeeJend, I fixed your QUOTE so it worked.

This is kind of a different question, but I have noticed all of them saying VIVO, and I kinda just egnored it, what is vivo?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back