19" montior what resolution

Whatever you can look at without straining your eyes. I would say 1024x768 - slightly higher for games - 1200x1024 (unless you have some huge need for a big desktop)

I would go with 640X480 and only 256 colors.

Seriously....If the hardware supports it, go with the highest resolution and color depth that you like. (1024x768 16bit or 32 bit) Also, set your monitor refresh rate to something higher than the default. The higher the refresh rate the better.....until you toast your monitor. ;)

I run my 19" in 1280X1024 for windows apps and 1024X768 for gaming. And if your monitor can do 85 hz then I suggest you set it at 85hz.

mine is set @ 600x800, 32 bit colour,100hertz refresh

Mine (look in my sig) never fails to please my eyes, both for windows and games, all good ! :)

P.s.: Jonocainuk, woul you be so kind as to mail me the image you put on your desktop ? Thanks !

I find 1024x768x32 works for the best for me, compatibility-wise and speed-wise, however I may drop it down to 16-bit for your system to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Thank you !

Thank you Jonocainuk, I just DLed the image ;) , Waoooo :)

I run 1024x768 32bit on my 19" iiyama. Sure I can go to ridiculous resolutions .. but I'd need binoculars to actually see things :D

no probs daemon.

manmountain - 1280x1024 is perfect on a 19" (unless ur blind?) - 1152x864 is good if u dont like it too small

i need loads of space on screen cuz im always designin webpages an stuff - higher res = more space :D

Actually, my eyesight isn't what it's used to be - so I would agree with you. But the kids and the wife also prefer using 1024x768 so there goes the blind theory :p

lol - tell em to get their own computer and leave urs alone hahaha - thats what i told the gf for when i move in with her - she wanted to give her comp to her kids an then she can use mine... not a chance :p

:)

I've actually been thinking about getting some console or another. Probably an xbox. That will keep the kids busy (I hope), as for the missus, I doubt I could pull her away from Dungeon Siege. She's seriously addicted (Perhaps theres a DungeonSiege Anonymous society out there?) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back