1720 hard drive detects imminent failure

C

Cookiexide

everytime i boot up my computer it says this:"1720 hard drive detects imminent failure" and it gives me these options f1 boot, f10 computer set-up. and then i press f1 to boot and everything works fine but is my hardrive gonna crash?

A crash is likely... one of these times you'll probably get the 'can't find disk or OS' message. You need to get the goodies backed up asap and go shopping.

Do you have a Compaq by any chance?!?

Get a new HD and use the utility that comes with it to copy your current drive to it...

hmm

i know a few guys that get those constantly since changing
to xp. i think ms has an update for that....but i would still back up stuff, cause theres a chance it really is screwed....:cool:

I suggest you copy important files, buy a new hard drive and then reinstall windows. It's your hard drives problem and you can't fix it. You should do it ASAP to avoid losing data you want to keep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back