• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1720 hard drive detects imminent failure

C

Cookiexide

everytime i boot up my computer it says this:"1720 hard drive detects imminent failure" and it gives me these options f1 boot, f10 computer set-up. and then i press f1 to boot and everything works fine but is my hardrive gonna crash?

A crash is likely... one of these times you'll probably get the 'can't find disk or OS' message. You need to get the goodies backed up asap and go shopping.

M

MiseryQ

Do you have a Compaq by any chance?!?

Get a new HD and use the utility that comes with it to copy your current drive to it...

E

eGoalter

hmm

i know a few guys that get those constantly since changing
to xp. i think ms has an update for that....but i would still back up stuff, cause theres a chance it really is screwed....:cool:

D

DarkSiege

I suggest you copy important files, buy a new hard drive and then reinstall windows. It's your hard drives problem and you can't fix it. You should do it ASAP to avoid losing data you want to keep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithgonzaal