$1600 in 2 weeks

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
A good friend of mine is moving out of the country, and he is selling his G5 with a 19" CRT and a Canon "all-in-one" printer/scanner/copier. Needless to say, I want it BAD. I have, and have had for about 3 years, an 800MHZ PIII PC. It has been good to me and I've taken great care of it, but there are things I'd like to do that just take too long on this thing. So I want to buy my friend's G5 of course, because I know that would last me at least another 3 years if not more. And I'm sure everyone knows what the problem is. That's right, I don't have $1600, nor do I have job that will make me that much money in the next 2 weeks.

Things I have considered to raise the money:
  • donate blood and plasma
  • mow 120-150 lawns
  • start up a website asking for $1 from 1600 people: helpmebuyamac.com
  • sell everything I have of value on eBay
  • give up before I start and be thankful I have a computer

By the way, I am thankful for my computer... but I'd also like to make someone else thankful that they have my computer. ;) Can anyone sympathize with me here... Speedy? I've never owned a Mac, and I'm willing to push the PC out the door and never look back. Haha, maybe I should go to a Mac-lovers site and ask for help in becoming a convert! :D :p

could set up a paypal address :p

I've got one that I use for eBay auctions. Hmm... ;)

If he is a googd good friend, perhaps he would accept some kind of weekly payment :)

muzikool said:
A good friend of mine is moving out of the country, and he is selling his G5 with a 19" CRT and a Canon "all-in-one" printer/scanner/copier. Needless to say, I want it BAD. I have, and have had for about 3 years, an 800MHZ PIII PC. It has been good to me and I've taken great care of it, but there are things I'd like to do that just take too long on this thing. So I want to buy my friend's G5 of course, because I know that would last me at least another 3 years if not more. And I'm sure everyone knows what the problem is. That's right, I don't have $1600, nor do I have job that will make me that much money in the next 2 weeks.

Things I have considered to raise the money:
  • donate blood and plasma
  • mow 120-150 lawns
  • start up a website asking for $1 from 1600 people: helpmebuyamac.com
  • sell everything I have of value on eBay
  • give up before I start and be thankful I have a computer

By the way, I am thankful for my computer... but I'd also like to make someone else thankful that they have my computer. ;) Can anyone sympathize with me here... Speedy? I've never owned a Mac, and I'm willing to push the PC out the door and never look back. Haha, maybe I should go to a Mac-lovers site and ask for help in becoming a convert! :D :p

Go work extra shifts in another job. You can't beg for money on the internet, that is lame.

You should only have to mow about 50-75 average sized lawns. Trust me, I've worked in landscraping long enough.

Alternatively, you could be a sperm donor

dreamliner77 said:
You should only have to mow about 50-75 average sized lawns. Trust me, I've worked in landscraping long enough.

Alternatively, you could be a sperm donor

Shame in GB they don't pay us to donate blood and sperm.

They expect us to donate blood for free then they sell it on for £75 a pint.

No justice, I could do with that extra £75 every couple of months.

Getting a loan is not always the easiest thing to do, especially if you have no credit, bad credit or no collateral. Not to mention, most banks, financial institutions, bookies, mobsters, or loansharks won't be too keen on giving a loan for a computer.

Electronic Punk said:
If he is a googd good friend, perhaps he would accept some kind of weekly payment :)
I was thinking that too, but I gather by the factor that he's even selling a machine so new that it's not just for the sake of it, and rather the need for cash.

Would he sell without the monitor and printer for less (if you really need those it's not like they can't be bought later on eBay or elsewhere).

The only thing I'd suggest if you can't guarantee the money via extra work etc, is to loan what you need, but from friends/family if possible, ~£900 is a ****ing amazing price for a G5 alone, not to mention with the added items, so good luck with getting the money :)

I don't know if he'd sell the monitor and printer separate. I could actually use the printer though because my Epson is crapping out on me. It is a pretty amazing price, which is why it's so much more appealing to me.

@dreamliner77 - Hahaha, no way am I donating sperm! :p And you're right, I'm not going to try and get a loan on this. It's not something I'm willing to pay interest on.

easy way to make cold hard cash..
why not :p im sure u'd enjoy it a lot more then mowing the lawns lol

I actually made pretty good money landscaping a house these past 6 days or so. If I could find about 3 more houses that needed the same, I could probably make enough... but that would probably take longer than 2 weeks.

The house is a year-old and had never been landscaped... so it was basically dirt. Myself and a friend installed an irrigation system, installed edging for flower beds, filled the beds with mulch, leveled the yard with dirt, and installed 1400 square feet of grass. It was a lot of work just for the two of us, but we got $1200 to split for the job, so it was definitely worth it.

Maybe you can sell the PC you have for atleast a 1000 ;)? What do you think? Or do you want to keep it?

hsn said:
Maybe you can sell the PC you have for atleast a 1000 ;)? What do you think? Or do you want to keep it?

An 800MHz PIII for $1000? You can get a brand new P4-M laptop for that price.
tongue.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back