$1600 in 2 weeks

NetRyder said:
An 800MHz PIII for $1000? You can get a brand new P4-M laptop for that price.
tongue.gif
I am not too good with prices
tongue.gif
. All right, 600 then? :p

Still too high. You'd be surprised at how fast PCs depreciate.
wink.gif

...although it does depend on the rest of the specs as well.

muzikool said:
The house is a year-old and had never been landscaped... so it was basically dirt. Myself and a friend installed an irrigation system, installed edging for flower beds, filled the beds with mulch, leveled the yard with dirt, and installed 1400 square feet of grass. It was a lot of work just for the two of us, but we got $1200 to split for the job, so it was definitely worth it.

Very nice, muzikool! I really hope your efforts are rewarded with that nice shiny G5!
smile.gif

hmmm... a G5 for that price ... I'd be cleaning out my closet and unloading everything I didn't use on a daily basis ... but thats me. :D

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas guys. I would definitely sell my current system if I knew I could get the Mac, but I'd be lucky to get over $200 for it I bet. I've been trying to find things I could sell on eBay, such as my 6000+ baseball card collection that I acquired back in the day. I should have sold them 10 years ago because it seems that they were worth more then. :( If I could even get $1 a piece for them then I'd be more than set! Some of the cards aren't worth that, but some of them are worth much more, so I figure it would offset. Anybody want to pick up the hobby? :p

muzikool said:
The house is a year-old and had never been landscaped... so it was basically dirt. Myself and a friend installed an irrigation system, installed edging for flower beds, filled the beds with mulch, leveled the yard with dirt, and installed 1400 square feet of grass. It was a lot of work just for the two of us, but we got $1200 to split for the job, so it was definitely worth it.

that is dam good going
:cool: anouther thing you can do is ask the bank for a tempory overdraft, it would only need to be for like a month, but they would charge you :eek:

Yeah, it's a small amount of interest, but I still don't want to pay any interest. Also, I just have $300 in overdraft available.

muzikool said:

That's cheap for that kind of work

muzikool said:

Man you work cheap. I should hire you to come work for me :) Really though that is a ton of work for the little amount that you was paid.

edit: LOL Dream, I didnt even read the whole thread to get to yours.

I think I'm getting the G5! I'm gonna pay a few hundred up-front, and then pay the rest off interest-free over time! :D

*goes to the Macintosh part of the Forums to post questions* ;)

I think you mean "traitor." ;) :p

Don't worry, I'll never trade-in the PC permanently. :)

Congrats on a well-earned machine, muzikool!
smile.gif

Hope we'll still see you contributing to the x86 side of things on the forums though. Your Samurize tutorial thread, among several others, was very informative. Don't completely ditch your x86 friends here on OSNN man.
tongue.gif

Thanks NetRyder! :D

I'm gonna miss the x86 side of things for a while, but I'll get back to it eventually when I buy a laptop. Plus, I'll still be using PCs in my job, so I expect to keep up that way too. I feel like I'm expanding my horizons by learning new things... like UNIX! I will miss Samurize though, but it will be on my laptop someday!

muzikool said:
I feel like I'm expanding my horizons by learning new things... like UNIX! I will miss Samurize though, but it will be on my laptop someday!

Definitely. New stuff is always fun.
smile.gif

Also, not all is lost. You can still use Konfabulator on OS X. Lots of our Samurize widgets are "inspired" by Konfab widgets after all.

Yeah, I was just looking at Konfabulator. I'm sure I will use it.

muzikool said:

I said the same, my PC is now in the bottom of my wardrobe under a heap of clothes :p

Congrats on the mac :)

muzikool said:

That's what I get for posting at 2:40am after a night at the pub.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back