15Mbps o my gawww

NetRyder said:
Hmm, the "Do I Qualify" form generates an error page for me.
Those are some really nice prices. I'd even take the 5mbit line for $40.
smile.gif
Didn't see "Do I Qualify"

I was about to post about the great happening in FroggyLand:

since last wednesday, my ISP is the 1st to be given the authorization to launch ADSL2+ (1st in Europe, so it is said...), thanx to the visit of our "Minister of Industry", in several cities (not mine yet :( ), it means 15Mbits down and 1Mbits up, still for what I pay now (6.3Mbits down / 640 Kbits up): 30€ (euros).

The more people post about their connections and technology in their area, the more and more pathetic the UK's networks look ;)

We've only just got 9,600 baud modems here in the UK!

SPeedY_B said:
The more people post about their connections and technology in their area, the more and more pathetic the UK's networks look ;)
UK will catch up one day with the world of technology.... ;)

Yep looks like fios .. They are going to be having it available in my area next year. I already called and talked to them about it. They support any server you want with it ect ect. I can't wait to get it ... :)

@falconguard - If you don't have the cat 5 wiring they will put in in for you. Just like they run for cable internet ..

pfft!!! 1000 meters of Cat5 is really cheap...trust me I will have my whole house wired and unseen to boot, along with the obligatory Wireless for the wifes laptop.

falconguard said:
pfft!!! 1000 meters of Cat5 is really cheap...trust me I will have my whole house wired and unseen to boot, along with the obligatory Wireless for the wifes laptop.
That is a given for this ,, I can't wait to get it ..

hehe, i want to move to sweden, just for that :p.

We are getting our house wired with Cat5 to every room, and fiber to every room for the TV, but the same fiber can be used for multiple things. We are going to be using it for the phone, TV, and probably the internet. So all i really need now is verizon to pop along and put in the damn fibre from the pole and we are set :p

falconguard said:
Did you guys read the fine print? requires cat 5 wiring inside the home....hmm time to call the father inlaw.

Father in law wants to put Cat5 in your house? Doubt it.

X-Istence said:
Father in law wants to put Cat5 in your house? Doubt it.
actually I will do most of the work, He'll show me how to patch the dry wall holes and run the cable along the Nomex. He comes from a family of mostly girls, so he's very keen on showing me carpenter biz.

SPeedY_B said:
Exactly why I mentioned 26mbit, had been talking to pontus about it previously. Damn you swedes! :D
Bwahahah! :D

That's Madsen right?

Yup, last I heard he was "stuck" with his 2.5mbit, waiting to upgrade to 26mbit :D

SPeedY_B said:
Yup, last I heard he was "stuck" with his 2.5mbit, waiting to upgrade to 26mbit :D
Plus the fact that Bostream are having problems getting anyone connected to the 26Mbit service it seems. I don't bother much since I'm happy with my 10/10 Mbit. ;)

NTL's entry level 300k service will be supercharged to 1Mb while still costing £17.99 a month. Its new 2Mb service will cost £24.99 while 3Mb will cost £37.99.

The speed increases will be rolled out to new customers during the first three months of next year, although existing customers must cough up a £25 "administration fee" to make the switch.

Industry insiders reckon BT will have to follow suit or risk losing out, following this latest shake-up to hit the sector.

As much as I despise NTL and their poor excuse for existence, a bit of competition to kick BT up the arse can do no harm, hopefully a sign of things to come in the UK :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back