1494 compliance...WTH is it???

NathanA

OSNN Addict
Does anyone know anything about 1494 compliance? I have some customers asking if one of our wireless products is 1494 compliant...and have no clue what it is? Any help would be useful!

I don't think IEEE 1494 standard exists at all let alone be associated with wireless technology.

Could they be asking for the year that Christopher Columbus returning to Europe? :p

ming said:
I don't think IEEE 1494 standard exists at all let alone be associated with wireless technology.

Could they be asking for the year that Christopher Columbus returning to Europe? :p

Ha! I thought the same thing! I have no clue what they're asking about and no-one else has heard of 1494...maybe they need to try soft drinks instead! :laugh:

I don't suppose they are confused and are thinking of 1394 (firewire)?

muzikool said:
I don't suppose they are confused and are thinking of 1394 (firewire)?

I was thinking that, but there's a BIG difference between firewire and wireless. Besides, why on earth would someone want a wireless device to connect via firewire anyway?

lol, they are probably doing it to confuse you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back