133mhz fsb instead of 533mhz???

R

Rexy

i have a p4 2.4ghz 533mhz fsb (front side bus) cpu on a mb that supports 533mhz fsb yet everywhere i can look (boot screen, system info apps, etc...) i see it says i have only 133mhz fsb??? y is that? does it has something to do with the fact that i have a 512mb ram on p2700/ddr333... i'm sure mine is a pc2700 512mb stick because i bought it myself as a seprate part and it's from a trusted company (crosair) from a trusted vendor (newegg.com) :eek: ... so what's the prob?

yes it runs at 133 x 4 =533fsb...........its ok the P4 2.4b which you have is quad pumped thus attaining the 533 fsb.

Your Ram (2700) is of correct speed for the 533 chip just make sure in your bios you have it set correct......say what motherboard you have and i will have a look at your bios settings.

here's info from 3DMark2001se's general mobo info (u can expand it and get more info):
Manufacturer: ABIT - http://www.abit.com.tw/
Model: SR7-8X (SiS648+SiS963)
Version: 1.0
BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version: 07.00T
BIOS Release Date: 06/15/02
BIOS Properties: Plug and Play, Flash, AGP

hope this helps u help me :)

Read the bios setup here it tells and shows you where to access the memory settings to set your memory to 166fsb Linkage

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back