120mm fan diagram?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
not sure if "diagram" is the correct word for it.... but i'm thinkin about taking the 92mm fan off the back of my case, cutting out some more holes, and slapping a 120mm fan in there instead. is there a place online i could get like.... i dunno.... guess it'd kinda be like a stencil, of the footprint of a 120mm fan with the place to drill the holes also marked? or would i be better off like........ buying a 120mm fan, and just marking the holes and stuff after i get it? i'd prefer the earlier over the latter, that way i'd know about how much would have to be cut out before buying a fan.

Why not get the fan first. Then you can see if the holes are going to be in a free area of the case & not blocked by anything. If you have the fan at least you can move it around to get the right fit.

I would buy the fan, it is the only way to be 100% sure. They are pretty cheap too, so I wouldn't worry about up-front costs too much.

well, i was looking more at one of those Aerocool Turbine fans or somethin.... which ain't too cheap....

Well a 120mm fan is a 120mm fan, buy a fan for like 2 or 3 bucks from Newegg and use that for your stencil?

Why not buy a 90mm fan with a higher CFM?

You could also go the route where you buy a converter and not drill at all.

yeah, but 92-to-120mm fan funnels also apparently cause more air noise too.

and..... you know...... cost more money.

Your always buying stuff dude. Don't cry about $. :p

yeah.... but now i'm kinda runnin low on money. that and my friend hasn't payed any more towards the parts he's buyin off me yet. still owes me like..... $165ish

Just use an old cd to trace and then use a 120mm fan grille to mark the screw holes. the cd is a lil smaller than a 120mm fan but after sanding should be good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back