10MBS cable line !!

Man our work T1 sucks i need to sort this crap out

It probably doesn't help that we are based in Sarasota, but our provider is in Gainesville.

This is mine from work...I think we have 2 T1s load shared

192392345.png

Work with an ethernet uplink to the switch longer than ethernet is specced to work with (greater than 300meter run) It would be faster if it was running over a shorter cable run :)

My FTP Server:

I actually think I'm maxing out the test server based on that though...

i dont know how people in rural areas even survive without super fast broadband internet. Its almost like you dont experience the net with slow speeds ... and atotally different experience when you have a mega fast connection.

I myself wont even look at homes to buy unless they have mega fast net ..or even fiber optics now.

Nice speeds, i used to have 9mb download speeds and like 400kb upload.

But now my new network is wack i get more upload then download lol Can't complain im getting this one for free right now. But just tested it like a min ago now my download is faster. This thing varies from 1.5mb to 3.5 mb download. If i pay i can get download of 12mb and not sure about upload speeds.

Mine from home, With really aweful ping for some reason.
213917239.png

Edit:
213921794.png

Last edited:
Is the tests done speedtest.net accurate? If so man my internet increased my speeds alot in a month. A month ago i was getting speeds of 1.5mb to 3.5 mb upload and 1.7 download. Now when i click on the server that is like 40 miles from my location i get speeds in the 17mb range and 1.7mb upload.

226675371.png

Yeah thats what i was thinking. But i still love my upload speed, much faster then everyone else's around me. They only get like 700kb

Mine has always been 1.5 to 2mb

i dont know how people in rural areas even survive without super fast broadband internet.

It's terrible, and I hate it. Eventually, though, I will get out of here and move somewhere "civilized."

This reason alone, I believe, is why economic stratification, in the U.S., at least, will continue to accelerate over the long run. Educated people, in general, demand these things; they are no longer optional. And yet, our politicians, at the local, state, and even national levels, are consistently too stupid to recognize this. By the time they figure this out, though, I imagine that most of this country is going to look like the film, "Gummo." :p

What you are experiencing is PowerBoost.
Consistent Power boost though.
No matter when I try my cable, and however many times i do, I always get in the 16mbps to the now 18mbps range. Thats with comcast.

Videotron just announced here in Quebec 30mbs and 50mbs services, the 30mbs is $69.95 a month with 30gig download limit... the service can attain speeds of 100mbs but for now they are going to cap at 50mbs .

30mb with a 30gb cap - that is crap, do that in a few hours at full speed

Videotron just announced here in Quebec 30mbs and 50mbs services, the 30mbs is $69.95 a month with 30gig download limit... the service can attain speeds of 100mbs but for now they are going to cap at 50mbs .

Is that cable or DSL fiber?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back