10000RPM Western Digital Raptor Question

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
i am thinking about buying either the 36GB (120$) or the 72GB (couldnt find a price but didnt look hard ) raptor serial ATA drives

they are pricey
any suggestions about these drives
if they are worth it or not?

i bought my 120 gb western digita withl 8mb cache for $170 canadian, but it's about 140 canadian now... If you go to some places, and u pay with cash, u get discounts for sure, as in... no tax, or they'll just reduce a little from the tax

I live this 120 gb drive... it's 7200rpm.. fast enough for me
But like any other drive, i think i'll never be able to use it up, i think i have so much space that.. it's impossible to use up. Unfortunately, like all other hard drives i've purchased, I used the 120gb up within 3 weeks and now i long for another 120 gb...

they have a 72gb one now, huh? sweet. :)

i've only heard great things about the raptors. reviews show them outperforming some ultra320 scsi drives. i would have one myself if i had some s-ata. been thinking about a board upgrade anyway.
:)

www.storagereview.com

they have a database where you can see a harddrives speed, noise level, and heat compared to all the rest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back