1000 Years From Now ---> What the games would be like?

• Thread starter Cannibal Corpse
  • Start date
C

Cannibal Corpse

You know, the other day when I was playing some games on my PC and Consoles (I have all big three), it occurred to me what would they be like in say 100, 500 or even 1000 years from now?

I mean as we anxiously wait for the likes of Unreal II's, Doom III's and GeForceFX's, what the technology would be in future?

Graphic wise I can imagine they we would achieve quality of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in about 15~20 years from now. (as in mass market, playable on PC or console)

But HOW FAR can we go? What the level of realism would be? Are we going to be playing life-like (literally) games in 500, 1000 years?

Are we going to cyber-kinetically communicate with each other? Read other's thoughts, feelings, and fears?

Travel to far out galaxies?

These are some amazing and fascinating issues that keep me thinking all day long lately...

What are YOUR opinions?

1000 years from now??
damn, i cant even imagine what it will look like in 5 years...:huh:

cannibal
you wouldnt happen to post on a certain austrailian forum would you? ;)

If the Earth is still here, I think that we will play as real people. Like wrestling games, instead of cartoon 3D, it will be actual people getting controlled by us!

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
You know, the other day when I was playing some games on my PC and Consoles (I have all big three), it occurred to me what would they be like in say 100, 500 or even 1000 years from now?

I mean as we anxiously wait for the likes of Unreal II's, Doom III's and GeForceFX's, what the technology would be in future?

Graphic wise I can imagine they we would achieve quality of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in about 15~20 years from now. (as in mass market, playable on PC or console)

But HOW FAR can we go? What the level of realism would be? Are we going to be playing life-like (literally) games in 500, 1000 years?

Are we going to cyber-kinetically communicate with each other? Read other's thoughts, feelings, and fears?

Travel to far out galaxies?

These are some amazing and fascinating issues that keep me thinking all day long lately...

What are YOUR opinions?

you never know... the gf FX might finally be released a thousand years from now...

you never know... the gf FX might finally be released a thousand years from now...

lol.

WE wont be playin anything. We'll all be dead. Unless cloning soon becomes more acceptable.

The sad thing is when the inevitable demise of Sun arrives, it would expand and destroy all the planets around its orbits. Earths greatest monuments would wanish in an instant (Giza Pyramids, Great Wall of China, Stonehenge, and rest of mankind's treausures)...It is sad indeed.

Oh well it doesent matter... What ever happens happens

i think we are going to have those head sets and stuff. and you will be able to smell stuff and have sense of touch. maybe 6th sense sort of things. ugh i don't know!!!! LEAVE ME ALOOONNEEEE

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
The sad thing is when the inevitable demise of Sun arrives, it would expand and destroy all the planets around its orbits. Earths greatest monuments would wanish in an instant (Giza Pyramids, Great Wall of China, Stonehenge, and rest of mankind's treausures)...It is sad indeed.

thats a few billion years from now... :) not a thousand years from now...

sun has a lifespan of around 10 billion years and is @ its half way point... in a few billion years it will start expanding...

by this time all the things you speak of will not be in existence cept in some future archives coz of erosion et al :) unless someone can preserve them for a few billion years..

"Graphic wise I can imagine they we would achieve quality of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within in about 15~20 years from now"

I think they will be surpassing that in the next 3-5 years. Not 15-20!!

Its all alien technology anyway, we (as in the human race) are progressing too fast for their not to be some sort of 'outside' influence.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back