100% Cpu Usage :(

Majin

DBZ - Yes its in me!
Ok everytime i start a new program like MSIE or outlook or a game or anything it immeadiatly runs up to 100% processor usage in the xp process manager, leaving my system running terribly slow. I have an AMD Athlon 1500+ and i know theres no way that this should be happening. PLEASE HELP!!!

The general answer

The 'general' way to fix this is to make sure you don't have too many background applications running. Another thing is to check your disk for errors, and make sure you have the latest windows update. defrag also helps (3rd party is better, for example, diskeeper. very good, i use it.) This is all i can say without more infomation.

This happens to me in Windows sometimes, a frozen program, teven something like the Pulse client, can cause this. Check that out.

ok ive disabled all the non esential processes and have nearly no remaining background processes the cpu still goes from when idling at about 2% to 100% on launch of anything.

hmm... looks like a big problem

hmm.. doesn't sound too good. My suggestion, if you have enough free space, install a clean XP (or whatever O.S. you are using) than move over your stuff slowly. Whats your RAM status? Also you couldn't have scandisk and defrag your PC already, i suggest doing that. If you require more assiantance PM me.

actually i had just finished speedisking it this morning and had norton disk doctored it last night. i dunno what you mean by ram status i have 640 megs and it never gets close to being used up.

List of things to do... try these

- reinstall XP
- run windows update
- update your bios

try these, see if they help at all

in task manager, under the 'processes' tab, which process does it say is using up 99%?

it says whichever application i just opend is at 99 - 100% like winamp or internet explorer. Im probably going to have to reinstall windows AGAIN...for the 6000th time. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back