10 MP SLR Camera Suggestion

Yeah, definitely a Canon over the Nikon. Canon's entry level DSLRs are superior to the Nikon entry level. I have used the XT, XTI and currently I own the 40D. For your range, I would suggest the XTI. Pick up the 50mm f/1.8 lens also. It's around $80 USD, but takes amazing portrait shots.

The kit 18-55mm lens is decent, nothing to rave over... but photography isn't the equipment you use, it's your eye and your knowledge of what you are doing.

from what i have listed above i think i should get that in with the price

You can get a used XTi fairly cheap and will often come with a couple other accessories thrown in. The new 18-55mm IS lens that comes in the new XSi kit and, I believe the XS, is a fairly large improvement over the older 18-55mm that came with the XTi's.

And I would agree on picking up the nifty-fifty (50mm f1.8 lens) that ShepsCrook mentioned.

well actually my mother-in-law got a used xsi off ebay for $250 i believe and it works perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back