10.4 Tiger Might Come By April 15th?

Judging from the current builds, I'm doubting the legitimacy of this news :)

Sure would be nice, but I don't see it happening so soon.

Hmm.. interesting that it says it will be announced April 1st. :classic: Also I'm not sure about this guy and his sources anymore. Apple is in the works of getting names of his sources and sueing him, so if I was his source I would be tight mouthed I think.

I heard rumors from people at the Apple store, that it would be coming out beginning of June.

Looks like it may be true:
eWeek provides confirmation that Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) will be released on April 15th, 2005.

Sources told eWEEK.com that Apple plans to make copies of Tiger available in its own retail stores as well as through independent dealers by April 15, with the official announcement of the product coming earlier in the month.
This provides confirmation to a previous report by ThinkSecret indicating the same.
Having used 8A393 myself, I retract my previous statement, it's very stable. Still not 100% certain about the release date though, can only wait and see for that one :)

SPeedY_B said:
Looks like it may be true:
Yeah but did/do they really have an Apple source or did they just take it from a blog/news site (ie. ThinkSecret, ect.) ?

From macrumors.com:

In addition, Merrill Lynch analyst adds that Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) "should ship by the end of April."

muzikool said:
Outpatient. :p
just a patient now, had to go to hospital as my foot started bleeding really badly from all the tapping

hey :p if you want rushed, buggy crap, buy any version of Microsoft Windows! </rantyness> :p

You know you love the waiting

It's gold, there should be no more waiting! :p

muzikool said:
It's gold, there should be no more waiting! :p
Ehm, products don't just magic from gold->stores you know.

If Apple's internal teams have gone final (and that's a big IF) it's not uncommon for a release to still be waiting on:

- notification of changes in code licensed from a vendor or third-party
- a multiple week soak time after the code freeze to discover bugs (eat your own dog food for a while)
- exhaustive documentation of the final changes (both to users and developers)

Even if all of this has been finalized as the rumors indicate, there are still other reasons why a release would be delayed after going final, including:

- Finding the best marketing opportunity to make the introduction (which I know little of).
- Ensuring that one's unfinished hardware has only expected problems and incompatabilities (if any at all).
- Letting the application teams (Final Cut, iWork, iLife, etc) get their work fully compliant before release (the market does have higher expectations for Apple authored apps).

While the Mac rumor sites have been speculating on an early release of Tiger since it was announced last June, I don't think that their rumor-mongering does anything to speed up its release and quite possibly:

- delays distribution of the gold master to developers.
- delays the public announcement until Apple is seen as the one setting the expectations rather than the rumor sites.
- makes open discussion of releases beyond Tiger even more secretive.

Add to that that it's not officially confirmed to have gone gold yet (I don't care how many 'reliable sources' the rumour sites have... they're not Apple).

Yeah the wait gets more people excited. Also might give them time to find the mole(s). :)

Just for reference, build 8A432 now exists. Meaning:

1. 8A428 was never gold master.
2. 10.4.1 is in the works before 10.4 is released
3. my brain hurts

I bloody hate rumours, wish some concrete information would be released, or nothing at all :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back