* Using DHCP in wireless networks
* User login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
* Core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
* Synchronization with .Mac
* Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
* Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
* Creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility
* Compatibility with third party applications and devices
Ok so I just updated (you can read about it here) and I've encountered something odd. Upon reboot my trash can was full. In examining it I have the following ...
(folder) Recovered files ->(folder) com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.WqSnP4 -> MacOSXUpdate10.4.1Patch.pkg

Whats that mean? Did the update bork or something? Everything seems ok and it show as being 10.4.1 now.

Last edited:
Just looks like something that was supposed to be removed by the update was not, and instead was placed in your trash can.

Probably randomness that has no explanation and won't happen again. ;)

muzikool said:
Probably randomness that has no explanation and won't happen again. ;)
hehe. I think thats a safe bet, unless I reformat/reinstall that is. :p

Looking at the change log for this update, it seems like there is more that could have been fixed in the 1.5 months since the 10.4 build was frozen. There are quite a few fixes, but I'm interested in seeing what reactions are like to the fixes that many people expected. -- This is all assuming that every fix in the update was listed.

Yeah I just updated because I could, I wasn't really having any issues. :p

Did the "Core graphics" update turn on the disabled stuff for anyone with a capible card?

Did you check yours, Xie? You can check to see if Quartz 2D Extreme is enabled in your System Profiler.

I had already turned mine on since I am compatible, but I'll probably turn it off before installing the update to see if the update turns it on automatically.

Just updated, had the same files in the trash as you did, Xie. I believe this is a new feature (or possibly even bug? seems too logical for that though) where-by when an app removes a file it gets put in the bin instead of vanishing into thin air. Noticed it happen in other apps that remove files.

my system says that my graphics display is supported by Quartz Extreme, but I dont remember checking to see if it supported that before the update

I've read elsewhere that Q2DE is not turned on by the update. I'll check mine later tonight and see what I find out. I'll also see exactly what it says in System Profiler.

muzikool said:
I've read elsewhere that Q2DE is not turned on by the update. I'll check mine later tonight and see what I find out. I'll also see exactly what it says in System Profiler.
Where do you look to see if it's enabled? I don't see it any place in System Profiler, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

Xie, it's located under Graphics/Displays.

I just updated to 10.4.1, but forgot to disable Q2DE before doing so. Still, from reading elsewhere that it wasn't enabled I assume that is the case.

Here is a screen of my System Profiler for Graphics/Displays ...

Attachments

• graphics_display.jpg
    graphics_display.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 118
You're in the right place, it just isn't there. If Core Image isn't supported then I don't think Q2DE would be either.

Q2DE != Quartz Extreme :p

Check /Developer/Applications/Performance Tools/Quartz Debug.app if you want to know if Q2DE is enabled. Just for reference though, by default, it's not... yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back