$1.5 million+ worth of 360s stolen in British robbery

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
A lorry, containing £750,000 worth of Xbox 360s, has been hijacked by thieves near a depot in Staffordshire.

The robbery, no doubt inspired by the oncoming Christmas rush, is the second in a week. A trailer containing £260,000 worth of 360s was stolen at a depot owned by the same firm - Hellman Worldwide Logistics around a week ago. At the moment police are treating the two incidents as separate.

In the most recent incident thieves managed to convince the lorry driver that something was caught under his wheels. Upon pulling over he was taken from the driving seat, beaten and left on the side of the A38 at 5am on Monday morning. The gang, who were initially driving a Range Rover and Rover Saloon then dumped the lorry, obviously minus the gaming consoles.

Peter Stevens, spokesman for the Staffordshire Police made a call for witnesses to step forward:

"We are appealing for information from anyone who is offered these games in suspicious circumstances, such as in a pub, at a car boot sale or off the back of a lorry.”

Our advice to the Staffordshire police is to start looking on eBay, or better yet, the queues of people waiting for a Wii come December 8th! Allegedly the thieves also stole £750,000 worth of Playstation 3's - they walked away with 10 consoles.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/11/23/thieves_pinch_xbox_360/

Modern day Robin Hood? :eek:

Read this last night. Who made up the last line? lol :p

Guess I'm hopping on a plane to the UK and heading to bars :p

That is funny ... I am confused as to how 10 consoles could equal that much as well ..

I imagine there'll be a quite a few men with dogs having meetings
cotilleo2tj.gif

Could £750k buy you 10 ps3's? Only if they're on special! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back