1/2 Speed Processor under win XP

S

Scoot

i have just installed win XP (upgrade from ME) for the second time using the same methods.
The first time everything worked eventually, this time i have a prob which i cant seem to find an answer for.
Upon turning my computer on it reports a 450Mhz 128Mb ram
When windows loads (takes forever) in system it reports a 225Mhz 128Mb ram , and believe me it is acting like a 225Mhz takes about 10 secs to open my computer etc.
Anyone got any ideas at all i have all other drivers and devices as the 1st install so nothing has changed there.
And in case you are wondering why i went back on the 1st install, it was because of a game i was playing at the time which i couldnt get running under XP no matter what i did.
Anyone with any ideas?

Thanx

have you tried...

have you tried looking in your bios... and checking what your bios settings are on... mayb your cpu speed got turned down

it reports a 450 when booting up so it shouldnt be anything to do with bios and cpu speed.
And just for the record my computer does not have a turbo button , and it was running at 450 according to ME just before the up(down?)grade.

hmmmmm

thats really wierd.... xp should recognize your cpu speed... mine actually added 10mhz to my speed lol ummm i dont know if there is a way to set ur processor speed in windows... does anyone else have any ideas?

Is this on a laptop or a desktop? The reason CPU speeds in winxp differ is because unlike previous versions of windows it actually polls the processor for it's current speed and not the bios...so if this is a laptop and you have any power saving features on XP will report the exact speed at time of you looking in system preferences...it's not XP detecting the CPU wrong..it's something else causing the problem :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back