1&1 Not So Good After All....

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'll read over the new comments in details probably this weekend, figured I would just slap an update on here saying how nothing is new.

Paypal turned their back on me, hugging their policy like a bear to its cub.

But hey, it could be worse, it's not like all 5 of the domains within my package have been down for the last 36 hours and no end in sight!

Check it out for yourself - www.djrcs.com

I'll read over the new comments in details probably this weekend, figured I would just slap an update on here saying how nothing is new.

Paypal turned their back on me, hugging their policy like a bear to its cub.

But hey, it could be worse, it's not like all 5 of the domains within my package have been down for the last 36 hours and no end in sight!

Check it out for yourself - www.djrcs.com
Holy smokes dude.
Same as me lol.
SanitysDemise has been down for a week... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Your site is up now, stop rubbing it in :D

Who is/was your host when it was down for so long?

Last edited:
What happened and what did they tell you when it was finally restored?

Last edited:
What happened and what did they tell you when it was finally restored?
Boo Hoo?
I didnt get a credit, and they overcharged me in two places.
I got charges 15 extra for my plan.
And 15 extra for simpleseo - which was free with the plan i signed up with, but they messed that up.
Im not paying them though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still down this morning, so much for being resolved by the end of the night like I was told yesterday.

I'm in big BIG trouble if I'm down for a week :(

Last edited:
Since they are so good I figured they deserved their own thread :D

Sites are back up as of early yesterday. After fiddling with permissions and such around folders that contained my databases, everything seems on the level. Rather odd thing just happened though, I went to login via FTP and my folders are blank, eventhough my websites are there :eek:

I tried to call, and I got a response that I got a lot of when I called to check on the status - "we are experiencing high call volume, to avoid long wait times please call back later" - then it hangs up.

WTF? Shouldn't it be my choice if I want to wait or not?

Like I said. 1&1 is great as long as you dont need support :)

Look at other hosting providers in the USA for much better deals.

totalchoice would be a good pick.

I may have to start looking around, the last week has sucked BIG time.

There are a lot of specific features that would be tough for me to find all for the low price and in one place. I will take a look at totalchoice though, thanks!

you need to change your parameters. Stop looking for "low price" and start looking for "high quality". Note that doesn't necessarily equate to massive price hikes but prices most likely will be higher than you are perhaps used to.

Lol
My sites never went back up.
I left 1and1, and went to Lord's :)
Which i still havent set up.
Yeah 1and1 had good "fake" deals.
But even when i tried to fix my account, i added a 40 minute call to my cellphone (never reached them either).

I don't guarantee I'll be any better than 1&1 though. The fact I can host you is a perk of my job :)

huh?
Lol.
I dont care about service.
I only needed the service because i was getting charged up the A$$ for stuff i didnt get...
lol
So, already, you're a bazillion times better than 1and1. :)

I may have to start looking around, the last week has sucked BIG time.

There are a lot of specific features that would be tough for me to find all for the low price and in one place. I will take a look at totalchoice though, thanks!

See if any of the packages at http://vonetwork.net/ cover what you need.

Disclaimer: I worked for them about 3 years ago as a forum moderator/tech support. Since then they are still up and running (same website, nonetheless) so that tells me they are reliable.

Thanks for the additional suggestions guys - I did glance at totalchoice quickly last night and they seeemed decent. I need to decide on something this weekend, and stat!

I'll post back when I glance over Venom's/X's suggestions.

FWIW, not overly looking for low cost, but IMO I get a great amount of value from 1&1 for what I pay. I have used them for about 2-3 years and never really had a problem so it was a great solution for me. The last few days to a week have been so ****ty, and so frustrating, I just can't go through this again. One of my clients has an e-store, I was worried for a bit I may get sued for lost revenue which would have SUCKED :eek:

I have looked at a few, it appears I will settle on HostICan

Just need to think things over a bit more and be sure I want to go with them.

Keep going back and forth with them and HostGator really.

Last edited:
I have looked at a few, it appears I will settle on HostICan

Just need to think things over a bit more and be sure I want to go with them.

Keep going back and forth with them and HostGator really.

HostIcan is offering something they can never fully support without overselling.

200 GB space? What kind of hard drives are they buying to support that, hell, if they have 10 customers, that is 2000 GB of space they need available. 800 GB transfer a month? Get out. 800 * 0.15 (standard across two or more datacenters that customers of mine have servers in) = $120.

Sorry, you need to stop looking at packages that are too good to be true, and instead go with some very reliable hosting, you are talking about a business here, not some two bit personal website done in just HTML with scrolling text and animated GIF's all over the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back