1&1 Not So Good After All....

Yeah good point - I think I may actually stay with 1and1 and just go with their VPS package, which will give me a bit more control over what's going on. Tried to get them on the phone several times yesterda but had to hang up after being on hold for roughly 25-30 minutes each time. That's the part that sucks!

So I called allllll weekend long, being on hold for longer than I could each time and hen hanging up. I caled yesterday morning on the way to work and was on hold for about 25 minutes before I got connected (love the hold time!). I called because I wanted some technical explanation as to what caused my downtime, in hopes that I could plan around it/try to prevent it going forward.

What they told me - I couldn't have prevented or done anything about.

CSR: Hello sir? (I was on hold while he checked).
Me: Yes, I'm here.
CSR: Your outage was caused by the fact your package was moved to the new Datacenter.
Me: Wait a minute - you mean to tell me this downtime was scheduled and planned? And, that each of the countless times I called during the outage, all I was told was "it is an issue and we are working on it?" Why could no one tell me, and why wasn't this communicated to me ahead of time?
CSR: I am very sorry sir, the admins (that is all they call anyone who isn't on the phone) should have sent you an e-mail.
Me: Should? Yeah, well they didn't. I can't believe this.
CSR: I am very sorry ir.
Me: -click-

UNBELIEVABLE that the outage was planned - at least I would assume you don't do data center moves without planning it, and no one could tell me when I called and it wasn't communicated to me ahead of time. Makes me sick tom stomach :(

The new data center in KC? One of your favorite cities!

On a brighter note, that data center is beautiful.

Yeah it is in KC, still doesn't ease my pain though :D

Maybe I'll ask for a free tour and catch a game this fall :cool: :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back