Search results

  1. K

    black screen

    Sorry vista
  2. K

    black screen

    I have a compaq c500 when it boots up all you get is a black screen but the arrow from the touch pad can be seen and moved about has any one any ideas
  3. K

    Start up

    Thats right followed your link, works just right. thanks very much
  4. K

    Start up

    When i start up windows xp it went straight to the desktop now it goes to a log on page first. How can i restore this to the former
  5. K

    Bluetooth dongle

    I have a belkin S8T016 Bluetooth usb pen and have installed it as per instructions but when i run the bluetooth set up wizard it comes up with a error message "no available com ports" Can any one help me please
  6. K

    Partitions not set up

    Yipee done it thanks for the help learnt a lot today:)
  7. K

    Partitions not set up

    followed what you said from the installtion disk seems to be going in ok will let you know. didnt realise you could do it this way learning all the time !!!
  8. K

    Partitions not set up

    but i can only get 19gb partition if i do that and i would like a 80gb partition
  9. K

    Partitions not set up

    sorry will start again the only way i now how to create partitions is by fdisk. i have done this by trying to create primary dos partition and it says 21553 mb is available. if i select 17000 say for my first partition it comes up 11% usage it then ask if i want to use the remainder for my...
  10. K

    Partitions not set up

    it now says i have 21553 mbytes to partition any clues
  11. K

    Partitions not set up

    if i let it partition as one it sees all 160b. if try and partition it with 2 partitions it only sees 8447mb which i select 7000mb for first partition it then says 13% usage i can then select the remainder and it says 87% usage. i dont understand how this can be. It is a brand new hard drive
  12. K

    Partitions not set up

    gone into utility options and i am running a zero filling drive i will then start again
  13. K

    Partitions not set up

    are we talking on the xp pro disk as i have een doing it with a set up floppy disk
  14. K

    Partitions not set up

    tried it through setup disk it says it is 8447.9mb maxtor stm3160215a drive when it is a 160gb can any one help
  15. K

    Partitions not set up

    if i try fdisk it only sees when i try to set up a primary dos partition when it has done that it shows 13% usage ou can then set a second partition of 87% but it will not do it the other way round
  16. K

    Partitions not set up

    Can any one help i cannot use the comp as it is and if i have t reformat i dont want to much on it. Is there a easy solution. I am installing it o XP pro.
  17. K

    Partitions not set up

    I have just installed a 160gb maxtor hard drive in my computer. I run f disk and put to partitions on but i can only get a 19 gb partition on c drive it will not let me do any more, the d partition comes out at 129gb. can any tell me how to get a bigger c drive.
  18. K

    office opens slow

    Nothing found but found if i open say excel and it comes up , where i would normally wait 45 secs if i minimise it it will open back on the screen with full data
  19. K

    office opens slow

    what does that mean
  20. K

    office opens slow

    no it is on d drive of my laptop. It is as if it is doing a virus scan first but i have tried disabling avg and it made no difference