OSNN Forum

OSNN Forum (http://www.osnn.net/forums.php)
-   Windows Desktop Systems (http://www.osnn.net/windows-desktop-systems/)
-   -   News: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ... (http://www.osnn.net/windows-desktop-systems/101350-windows-8-launched-october-26th.html)

Johnny July 19th, 2012 6:27am

Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Microsoft announced that Windows 8 will be launched on October 26th. I still think it will flop. I will stick with MAC until windows 9 comes out.

Xie July 19th, 2012 11:00am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 28th ...
 
That should be the 26th ... at least that is what it says behind Steve in the pic in this article.

Windows 8 will be available on

American Zombie July 19th, 2012 11:15pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 28th ...
 
Release date is Friday the 26th.

Have corrected first post.

Johnny July 21st, 2012 3:13am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
I thought the 26th was what I put? Thanks for fixing it, though :)

desie July 29th, 2012 9:48pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 880983)
Microsoft announced that Windows 8 will be launched on October 26th. I still think it will flop. I will stick with MAC until windows 9 comes out.

Out of interest, why do you think it will be a flop? Have you tried it yet?

Johnny July 30th, 2012 4:25am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by desie (Post 881004)
Out of interest, why do you think it will be a flop? Have you tried it yet?


Have I tried it yet? I never post an opinion about an OS, or APP, without trying it first. Yes, I was a beta tester for it.

There are two things in that will make it flop. They are:

1) The Metro

and

2) The loss of the start button

They set it up where you have to go to hot spots on the screen now. And took things out of it. There is already a wave of people saying that they do not like it. If it isn't the biggest flop since ME, I will be very surprised.

desie July 30th, 2012 7:05pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 881006)
Have I tried it yet? I never post an opinion about an OS, or APP, without trying it first. Yes, I was a beta tester for it.

There are two things in that will make it flop. They are:

1) The Metro

and

2) The loss of the start button

They set it up where you have to go to hot spots on the screen now. And took things out of it. There is already a wave of people saying that they do not like it. If it isn't the biggest flop since ME, I will be very surprised.

While I agree that is what a lot of people think. I think with a touch screen it would be very good. It makes less use of the mouse and keyboard. I really want to have some kind of touch device linked up to my PC to use metro properly (perhaps as a second screen).

The loss of a start button is a problem, but there is a button if you know the location. I think that is the problem. If you know it the location is fine but perhaps there needs to be some hint on it's location.

I remember when installing some OS's it had introduction videos (XP is the most memorable one). I hope it highlights how to use it properly for non technical people if they have a video. I've used Windows 8 beta a bit, I kind of like it. Would take a bit of getting used to but after a few weeks I think I would be fine.

fitz August 1st, 2012 7:50pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Just to provide some more detailed release info as Windows 8 went to RTM today:

Quote:

• August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
• August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
• August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
• August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
• August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
• September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
:source: Source: Windows Team Blog

zeke_mo August 3rd, 2012 6:57pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
wow, what a great non bias news post.

Johnny August 4th, 2012 3:26am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeke_mo (Post 881021)
wow, what a great non bias news post.

lol. I wasn't trying to be biased, or non biased. I just wanted to let everyone know when it is coming out, and this is the only place I could think of where to put it.

Xie August 4th, 2012 10:15am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
You could mention that the "Surface" comes out the same day. :)

Johnny August 4th, 2012 9:09pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xie (Post 881025)
You could mention that the "Surface" comes out the same day. :)

That is right, I could have. It totally slipped my mind. :dead:

Sazar August 4th, 2012 9:53pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeke_mo (Post 881021)
wow, what a great non bias news post.

Exactly what I thought :)

I personally love Windows 8. I guess had I posted the news article, I would have said "I still think Windows 8 will be a big success, and I'll never use a MAC".

:lick:

Johnny August 5th, 2012 4:27am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 881029)
Exactly what I thought :)

I personally love Windows 8. I guess had I posted the news article, I would have said "I still think Windows 8 will be a big success, and I'll never use a MAC".

:lick:

hahaha. O.k. I deserve any lashing I get here. :)

Xie August 6th, 2012 1:43am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 881029)
Exactly what I thought :)

I personally love Windows 8. I guess had I posted the news article, I would have said "I still think Windows 8 will be a big success, and I'll never use a MAC".

:lick:

You might not use a Mac, but you certainly use a MAC address daily. :p



(Mac != MAC)

Vanquished September 19th, 2012 6:51pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Good to see the news stories are still impartial ;)

Sazar October 28th, 2012 10:02pm

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Seems like it's doing relatively well. The reviews are in and folks are warming up to it now they can actually use it and learn how to take advantage of the changes.

Johnny October 29th, 2012 4:26am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 881312)
Seems like it's doing relatively well. The reviews are in and folks are warming up to it now they can actually use it and learn how to take advantage of the changes.

They thought the same thing about ME for about the firs six months.

Bman November 1st, 2012 1:14am

Re: Windows 8 to be launched october 26th ...
 
So I have been looking around for all the different deals on Windows 8, 49.99, 69.99....somewhere I am pretty sure there was a trick to get it for $15 in total.

I want a copy of Windows 8, that I can install as a clean install, ability to wipe my system (windows 7 or any other OS) and install Windows 8. What do I need to purchase?

Where is the best deal right now? Canadian..


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 3:37pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
osnndotnet