zonealarm is stupid!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cky, Jan 8, 2002.

1. cky

cky Guest

zonealarm is a b*tch! it wont let me direct connect on aim, let people on my ftp and like200000000000000000000 other things. the only way to get anything to work is to completely shut it down. is there anyway to fiX this ?

2. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

YA.... Get Nortons Internet Security. I had the same problem with Zone.

:cool:

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I'm not sure about AIM, but it works fine with G6 Ftp Server.

4. Jgedeon

Jgedeon Guest

I had no problem with zone alarm.... That is until I got hacked. I went with Internet Security 2002. And haven't had a problem yet. Jsut follow the wizards when setting up and it will run nicely.

5. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

ZAPro works well if you can configure it properly. Let me know when you figure it out =)

6. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

ZA blows chunks (for me). I have tried ZA serveral times over a three year period. But is has always caused me trouble one way or another. So I switched to Tinys Firewall which is also free. www.tinysoftware.com

7. Paisley

Paisley Guest

The only problem I have had yet is the ZA seems to have CRSS (Can't Remember Shit Syndrome). I keep telling it that it is fine for IE, AIM, Edonkey, and others to access the internet and each and every time it asks yet again. I do check the remember this box and still it forgets. I think it has Old-Timer's disease. :D

Paisley

8. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Hmm, I must be one of the few that hasn't had any problems with Zone Alarm Pro.

9. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

There is a fix for this problem on the ZoneAlarm web site: http://www.zonealarm.com/services/support_issues.htm#11issues

10. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

zone alarm is hard to uninstall, even using a registry program, make sure you backup before you install it.

I hate to admit it, but I still can't figure out how to make changes in "tiny personal firewall"...anyone with a quick ABC?