zone alarm pro4 and notron 2003 woes :(

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by surge, Sep 3, 2003.

1. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

can any one help me resolve my problem with zone alarm pro4 and norton AV 2003s liveupdate feature, ever since i installed zone alarm pro4 , i havent been able to enable the live update on norton, i have checked to make sure all the serviaces are running etc...
    but i still cant get liveupdate to run on startup. it works if i do a manual update on norton.

i have attached a screen dump in 16 color format
    so you can all see what i need to fix.

2. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

May be of relevance:

Even if the issue is not exactly the same i recommend you complete some of the steps, especially ensuring NetDetect is in scheduled tasks .
  3. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

thanks for the help :D , for some reason taskscheduler was set to not run at start up in the serviaces tools.
    fixed it now :D
  4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Petal, Mississippi
  5. IBraineater

IBraineater Guest

If your gonna use Norton's anti-virus use nortons internet security also and you wont have any problems. i had zone alarm installed with PC-Cillian and ZA was causing a conflict, so i switched to norton's Inet security and now everything is smooth.
  6. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

i might upgrade to NIS 2004 when it comes out. i just wanted a seprate software firewall to go with my gatelock. as the xp firewall is not that good.

but thanks once again for your help :)