zone alarm pro4 and notron 2003 woes :(

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
can any one help me resolve my problem with zone alarm pro4 and norton AV 2003s liveupdate feature, ever since i installed zone alarm pro4 , i havent been able to enable the live update on norton, i have checked to make sure all the serviaces are running etc...
but i still cant get liveupdate to run on startup. it works if i do a manual update on norton.

i have attached a screen dump in 16 color format
so you can all see what i need to fix.

thanks.

May be of relevance:

http://tinyurl.com/m4ss

Even if the issue is not exactly the same i recommend you complete some of the steps, especially ensuring NetDetect is in scheduled tasks .

thanks for the help :D , for some reason taskscheduler was set to not run at start up in the serviaces tools.
fixed it now :D

If your gonna use Norton's anti-virus use nortons internet security also and you wont have any problems. i had zone alarm installed with PC-Cillian and ZA was causing a conflict, so i switched to norton's Inet security and now everything is smooth.

i might upgrade to NIS 2004 when it comes out. i just wanted a seprate software firewall to go with my gatelock. as the xp firewall is not that good.

but thanks once again for your help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back