zone alarm pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by duder, Feb 14, 2002.

1. duder

duder Guest

ok this same thing happend with the freebie version, it was working fine until yesterday, now whenever i connect to the web, ie6 and outlook don't work. In the settings it says there not allowed to use the web, but i can't change them.

p.s. I have the pro version now not the freebie

2. OS-Wiz

OS-Wiz Guest

Sorry, don't have an answer, just a guess. Try removing them and adding them back in . . .
    P.S. I've used Norton Internet Security for about 6-7 months now, no problems yet, lol . . .

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

if that doesn't work, try un and reinstall

4. duder

duder Guest

i'm hoping the almighty google god has something for me:confused:

5. torrent

torrent Guest

I am also using ZA Pro, IE6 and Outlook 2000. I don't have the problem you mention. I can't think why you are eXPeriencing this but if you need me to check any of my settings to compare them with your own then just shout (not literally).

6. duder

duder Guest

fixed it, one of the new settings i wasn't aware of, now its better...although i was reading in a {H} forum that zap has a back door.....i am going to check that out...:(

7. torrent

torrent Guest

A back door?

Hmm....I can't see how; on the highest security setting nothing gets in or out of any port of the system without permission. How could something [/i]sneak[/i] through? It would need an open port for that.

Let me know what you find out.