Zone Alarm Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lilsnoop40, Nov 1, 2002.

1. lilsnoop40

lilsnoop40 Guest

i have winxp pro installed and i am running zone alarm pro. i have the ms firewall disabled. when i boot up the computer it takes a good 3-5 or longer to load the zonealarm pro icon down by the clock. its like zonealarm pro is slowing everything else down in order to load itself. how can i fix this please?
  2. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I had the same problem. I got rid of Zone Alarm and I got Sygate. Problem solved. So I would also like to know the answer to this question.
  3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    I hate za pro...the free is a better program, sygate is smoothest still

sygate just updated their free version...very nice
  4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Turn za off at startup. Start/run/msconfig. Startup. Stop it in there.
    Create a shortcut to za on the desktop. Once windows has loaded click the shortcut & see what happens.
  5. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Turtle Island
    What version of ZA do you run? Version 3.1.395 loads fine here. Previous versions used to run slow, but for me the updated version loads fine at startup.
  6. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i did like sygate,very easy 2 setup/use but i had probs in that if anouther user restarted the computer + logged in before me (the acount i installed it on) they couldn't use the net cus it was all bloked, but if i loged in 1st then all was fine:p i said sod it + uninstalled it:D
  7. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

Philadelphia PA
    ever since i put ZApro in the boot, everything that loads with it (AIM, etc...) will freeze till ZA loads. I don't like it, but i just walk away... thinking of getting rid of it since i am behind a firewall.
  8. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    hey, if you are behind a firewall, do not launch za, or any firewall.

let me tell you what the best solution is.

everyone should run spybot and xp antispy...that will stop your computor from accessing the internet.

then, enable the xp firewall, which is rated as good as these software firewall choices.

here's another choice.

download "netrun".

with this program, whatever you drag into the user intrerface will launch as soon as an internet connection is recognized.

you can also set this to turn off the same programs as soon as you ar disci=onnected from the internet.

this is an excellant choice for you

all of these are free programs posted on the free prgrams thread